www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: how to make a login system that redirect users to their own specific page [closed]?

how to make a login system that redirect users to their own specific page [closed]?

I want to make a login system that redirects a user to his own page, like your bank account. So you can't visit the other user page if you are in.

I have searched the whole web for it but i can't find anything about it, please can you help me?

Quote Originally Posted by mik_e_ View Post
    I want to make a login system that redirects a user to his own page, like your bank account. So you can't visit the other user page if you are in.

I have searched the whole web for it but i can't find anything about it, please can you help me?
    don't understand this question

• which lang
    • maybe a framework?
    • some code?
    • u grab a response and redirect the response?

Quote Originally Posted by N/C View Post
    don't understand this question

• which lang
    • maybe a framework?
    • some code?
    • u grab a response and redirect the response?
    Just a simple account that when you loggin you see "hello (username)" page with user name's personal data which no other logged in member can see. get the idea?

To ensure theat the page cannot be seen by others, it must be dynamically created by the server from a database. If you have static pages then people may guess other peoples page knowing their own. E.g. The following is NOT secure:

www.mysite.com/users/10001/index.html
    www.mysite.com/users/10002/index.html
    www.mysite.com/users/10003/index.html
    www.mysite.com/users/10004/index.html
    www.mysite.com/users/10005/index.html
    etc...

If your home page is users/10003/index.html you can workout that there are likely to be pages either side of yours. Whereas:

www.mysite.com/users/index.php

is more secure, because the same page (index.php) has different content depending upon the login.

Quote Originally Posted by jedaisoul View Post
    To ensure theat the page cannot be seen by others, it must be dynamically created by the server from a database. If you have static pages then people may guess other peoples page knowing their own. E.g. The following is NOT secure:

etc...

If your home page is users/10003/index.html you can workout that there are likely to be pages either side of yours. Whereas:

is more secure, because the same page (index.php) has different content depending upon the login.
    Thank you for your reply, is its possible to have such a site Sample where users can have there data updated like the one in the sample. how can this be done?

Quote Originally Posted by jedaisoul View Post

etc...

1. it dont have to be created by the server - only the request has to be authenticated
    2. the example route schema (...com/users/xxx/xxx) isnt a standard for (..com/users/me or ...com/account)

Thank you for your reply, is its possible to have such a site Sample where users can have there data updated like the one in the sample. how can this be done?
    there are many ways to do that and many aspects to decide before:
    • will this data update on each browserrefresh or via ajax?
    • with a route structure or with javascript (like tabs)
    • much more....

but...yeah...u asked how <- maybe u need a tutorial for:
    • for php (or a framework [slim, codeigniter, zend, symphony, ...], or a cms [joomla, drupal, wordpress, ...])
    • for ruby (or a framework [rails, ...], or a cms [refinerycms, ...])
    • for javascript (or a framework [express, ...], or a cms [callisto, nodeize, ...])
    • for java (or a framework [spring, ...], or a cms [liferay, ...])
    • for python (or a framework [django, ...], or a cms [Plone, ...])

1. it dont have to be created by the server - only the request has to be authenticated
    2. the example route schema (...com/users/xxx/xxx) isnt a standard for (..com/users/me or ...com/account)

• much more....

• for php (or a framework [slim, codeigniter, zend, symphony, ...], or a cms [joomla, drupal, wordpress, ...])
    • for javascript (or a framework [express, ...], or a cms [callisto, nodeize, ...])
    Wow that's very informative. thanks again. let me check them out.

• much more....

Hey N/C i am a newbie to php and very new to coding but i youtubed and googled the examples you gave me and they somehow gets close to my idea but not what i am hoping to find.

I am kindly asking you for a favor on a script that can do the following. I am not sure which framework it would be but you know whats best.

Here is what i hope to have;

Its a mobile tracking system website i am working on and i want users/customers to get the following;

1. Log in and register. ( connects to a database or if not required that's ok).

2. A user gets logged in to his/her account and finds a list of menu functions. that my website offers. for example, missed calls, received calls, texts lists (which i update oftenly from the admin end.) so basically i will need an admin panel too to update what users see or get.

3. A section where i can upload files for them eg mp3,jpeg,etc only to particular user account. For example a user A gets file(A) and user B file(B).

4. A user logs out. that's all the accounts must be completely not linked to each other because they both hold sensitive information.

i just need a simple ready made script that can work then i will customize the rest. I hope its not hard work.

DAFUQ?

1. Login and Register - u need a place to store credentials - a database is recommended
    2. An AdminPanel? Then u need a condition to seperate a user and a admin xD - or little bit better would be to store a access level or user groups
    3. u need a file upload form and a server script which accept the post request and u have to store information about media inside (in the database) and link this information to a user (e.g. to a user id)
    4. A login mechanism is most time handled by a session - delete this session and the user should be logged out

"A" simple ready made script? DAFUQ?

if this is a commercial project, we can talk about money. if it is a open source project...maybe i dont wanna get money

What do i think of it?

Easy going

DAFUQ?

1. Login and Register - u need a place to store credentials - a database is recommended
    2. An AdminPanel? Then u need a condition to seperate a user and a admin xD - or little bit better would be to store a access level or user groups
    3. u need a file upload form and a server script which accept the post request and u have to store information about media inside (in the database) and link this information to a user (e.g. to a user id)
    4. A login mechanism is most time handled by a session - delete this session and the user should be logged out

"A" simple ready made script? DAFUQ?

if this is a commercial project, we can talk about money. if it is a open source project...maybe i dont wanna get money

What do i think of it?

Easy going
    Its a commercial project PM me your skype details we talk business then.

which language do you prefer?

Its a commercial project PM me your skype details we talk business then.
    cant send u a pm ;P - view my github profile (see signature) to get my public email adresse

Quote Originally Posted by kiwistech View Post
    which language do you prefer?
    The best that works bro.

cant send u a pm ;P - view my github profile (see signature) to get my public email adresse
    Ok thank you. sent you an email.

Thread Information