www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: need help with Flash music player

need help with Flash music player

Hi, I need help getting a music player called TS Secure Player working. The long story is that I couldn't get a good music player working on my Google Site, so I went over to Wix.com and got JW Player working on it. Then I found that it is easy to download content from JW Player, so I searched for a more secure player, at which point I found TS Secure Player. The problem is that i can't get it to work. It require the upload of a playlist file in .xml format and the player configuration file in .psp format (along with the .swf player file), both of which Wix.com doesn't allow, so that site is out. I have a Weebly site and was able to upload the files, but that didn't seem to help. The directions at TS Secure Player are down below. Does anyone know of a free website builder with which it might work or have any other ideas?

To publish the music player manually follow the steps below:
    Unzip the distribution package and upload the content of directory "music player" to your website. The content should be published to the root folder of website.
    Copy the piece of code below and paste it into the web page.

Get code
    <object classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,0,0" width="355" height="316">
    <param name="movie" value="/SECURE-TSPlayer/SECURE-TSPlayerV4.5.swf?playlistfile=/SECURE-TSPlayer/player-html/getPlayData.php&configurationfile=/SECURE-TSPlayer/player-html/configuration.xml" />
    <param name="quality" value="high" />
    <param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
    <embed src="/SECURE-TSPlayer/SECURE-TSPlayerV4.5.swf?playlistfile=/SECURE-TSPlayer/player-html/getPlayData.php&configurationfile=/SECURE-TSPlayer/player-html/configuration.xml"" quality="high" wmode="transparent" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="355" height="316"></embed>
    </object>

Just one question: in Google Sites you can use Google Audio Player. Have you tried this? If not, here's solution how to do that: mashe.hawksey.info/2011/09/embedding-mp3-audio-files-into-google-sites/

I have not used it.

I am gonna check...

One word... HTML5

Flash is soon to be outdated with the ability of users to use native JavaScript and the recent developments in HTML with the introduction of the <video> and <audio> tag elements that will play a range of audio file types.

You can still use FLASH as a fall back if the audio is not supported.
    Yes, I know I'm about as subtle as being hit by a bus..(\\.\ Aug08)
    Yep... I say it like I see it, even if it is like a baseball bat in the nutz... (\\.\ Aug08)
    I want to leave this world the same way I came into it, Screaming, Incontinent & No memory!
    I laughed that hard I burst my colostomy bag... (\\.\ May03)
    Life for some is like a car accident... Mine is like a motorway pile up...

Problems with Vista? :: Getting Cryptic wid it. :: The 'C' word! :: Whois?

Thread Information