www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Hosting Question

Hosting Question

Hello,

I want to play around in the web. I tried straight HTML and it isn't going too well. I have spent a week trying to figure out how to load a json file I created into a JQuery combobox and failed miserably, so I think I'll move to a solution I'm more familiar with; C#. I've used C# for a long time (6 years) and I've gotten quite proficient at it. However, never on the internet. So, I'm hoping to learn more HTML for Foundation in ASP .Net. From what I can tell, .Net is a pretty good combination with the "razor" files, and foundation helps me with CSS.

I'm going to have a hard time learning ASP .Net, so I don't want to spend a lot of time deploying the project. So, I want to have an easy deploy method to my hosting site. Do you have any recommendations of hosting sites, or is it just a configuration file in Visual Studio?

what do you mean by recommendations of hosting sites? you mean a good site to have your future website hosted?

Quote Originally Posted by vps View Post
    what do you mean by recommendations of hosting sites? you mean a good site to have your future website hosted?
    yep

i would give cloudsurph dot com a try .....they have a product called cloudpress which is a VPS integrated with wordpress and vesta cp. with this combination you can practically run your whole website operations under one roof. if thats not what you want then i would get a simple VPS and host my website from it and once again cloudsurph has very reasonable prices on VPS as well. current promotion is a VPS $1.19/month 1 core, 512MB ram, 10GB of storage, 500GB of bandwidth.

Do practice on first localwamp and then move on to live hosting.

One of the most popular hosting companies for ASP.net are Arvixe, WinHost or HostGator. Of course they have Pros as well as cons. Check the reviews about them on the internet, but be conscious that some of the reviews are sponsored by hosting sites.

Quote Originally Posted by ted1a View Post
    Hello,

I want to play around in the web. I tried straight HTML and it isn't going too well. I have spent a week trying to figure out how to load a json file I created into a JQuery combobox and failed miserably, so I think I'll move to a solution I'm more familiar with; C#. I've used C# for a long time (6 years) and I've gotten quite proficient at it. However, never on the internet. So, I'm hoping to learn more HTML for Foundation in ASP .Net. From what I can tell, .Net is a pretty good combination with the "razor" files, and foundation helps me with CSS.

I'm going to have a hard time learning ASP .Net, so I don't want to spend a lot of time deploying the project. So, I want to have an easy deploy method to my hosting site. Do you have any recommendations of hosting sites, or is it just a configuration file in Visual Studio?
    If you're new in asp programming, you may try asphostportal.com as an alternative. They are cheap and have a good feature. DiscoutnASP is also good option, but they are quite expensive

did you mean IIS? It is already on the computer and will run asp extension files as a local server. WAMP does not run asp that I have been able to do....

Quote Originally Posted by diyaldin View Post
    Do practice on first localwamp and then move on to live hosting.

Thread Information