www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Using a picture that isn't mine?

Using a picture that isn't mine?

For my website, I sometimes use pictures that aren't mine. I search for some pic on the internet and use them. My question is: Am I allowed to do this, and when I do this, do I have any chance to get Adsense for my site or is this just forbidden?

I read that embed youtube videos aren't a problem, but I can't find answers for when I use pictures.

Thanks!

As I understand it, there is, in general, an implicit copyright on everything on the web, unless it is explicitly placed in the public domain. So you should not copy other peoples work without obtaining permission, and citing the source.

There are a number of web sites out there that provide free-use images (usually along with royalty-free images you have to purchase, often for a very reasonable fee), so that you can remain "legal" by using those (some requiring that you include an attribution on the page where you use it).
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

You need to purchase royalty free images:
    Shutterstock
    iStock

Are both great sites to purchase images.

You should ask or request for a company or person for their image then you can use in your site.

Thread Information