www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: how can increase the ranking of the website

how can increase the ranking of the website

just now i have created a simple html and css based website but when i am searching in google showing this meassage Your search - did not match any documents. and when i enter website name in url so website is open
    what should i do when i search in google then my website is open
    Share on Google+

1. It takes time for a new site to be listed.

2. Have you completed the "description" and "keywords" meta data in the web page headers?

3. Have you searched for your exact site name WITHOUT "http://www." and ".com"? E.g. for "http://www.example.com" input "example"?
    Share on Google+

As I keep saying time and time again, if you are selling then no amount of tweaking and having traffic driven to your site will increase anything other than visits, if you are expecting to sell something then they will come to you when they are good and ready, or more succinctly, your product sells itself, if it doesn't and you have to sell it, then its the wrong product of service to sell...

See image, it says it all.
    Bentley_Rolls_Royce.jpg
    Yes, I know I'm about as subtle as being hit by a bus..(\\.\ Aug08)
    Yep... I say it like I see it, even if it is like a baseball bat in the nutz... (\\.\ Aug08)
    I want to leave this world the same way I came into it, Screaming, Incontinent & No memory!
    I laughed that hard I burst my colostomy bag... (\\.\ May03)
    Life for some is like a car accident... Mine is like a motorway pile up...

Problems with Vista? :: Getting Cryptic wid it. :: The 'C' word! :: Whois?
    Share on Google+

I think your site is new so it does not index in google search engine. You submit your site to search engines. If you created your website for business purpose you must be do SEO for get traffic on it.
    Share on Google+

Well, your site is new so you have to submit it the search engine for indexing. Or, if you have already submitted it then search engine takes some time for indexing it. If you in a bit of hurry then try building quality backlinks for your website so that search engine will quickly index your website.
    Halwits - Website and Software Development Company
    Share on Google+

Hi Friends,
    Search Engine Optimization and Social Media Optimization are the best techniques to increase ranking of website.
    Share on Google+

Give some 15-20 days time for the crawler to index your website.Also make sure sitemap and other on page optimization is done properly.After a month r so , your website will definitely be displaying in the search results.
    Share on Google+

Here are some ways in increasing traffic: 1.Social bookmarking 2.Directory submission 3.Submitting articles 4.Link building 5. Keyword Analysis
    Share on Google+

Why do people put so much importance on ranking? A whole industry exists because of the idea that it is important to get your site a high ranking by doing something to it when the reality is that it doesn't matter what you do to that site, it will only surface in search results based on specific information that you supply, either by way of meta data or google (for example) crawling your pages to pick key words out of the page.

Sure, using social media and advertising on those sites, yahoo, google, et al, is going to help your business names, goods or services get spread further but everyone is forgetting one basic fundamental fact that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink or in the case of driving people to your site, once they are there, it does not mean that you sell anything, you could have 100,000 people sent to your site and still have no one buy anything, you might get lucky and see 0.1% of those visits turn in to a real paying customer but the fact remains that ranking counts for squat, if someone wants your goods and services, they have to either plug in the right search term or you have to provide comprehensive meta.
    Yes, I know I'm about as subtle as being hit by a bus..(\\.\ Aug08)
    Yep... I say it like I see it, even if it is like a baseball bat in the nutz... (\\.\ Aug08)
    I want to leave this world the same way I came into it, Screaming, Incontinent & No memory!
    I laughed that hard I burst my colostomy bag... (\\.\ May03)
    Life for some is like a car accident... Mine is like a motorway pile up...

Problems with Vista? :: Getting Cryptic wid it. :: The 'C' word! :: Whois?
    Share on Google+

Quote Originally Posted by \\.\ View Post
    Why do people put so much importance on ranking?
    Because all the scam artists are putting so much emphasis on it, it's becoming "truth through repetition". Kind of like religion or politics -- though it's hardly a surprise when said scam is being run by marketers. One of the core marketing techniques is repetition: you repeat a lie enough time and have it parroted by enough people, it becomes a 'truth' in people's minds even when it's an outright lie.

Take the example of Lizzie Borden; got an axe?

Lizzie Borden was acquitted and most likely didn't do it. You ask most people if Lizzie was guilty though? Lizzie Borden got an axe, gave her mother forty whacks. When she saw what she had done, gave her father 41. -- truth? They had a combined 29 stab wounds and there was no proof Lizzie did it other than the suspicions of one jack-booted alcoholic detective later found to be crooked. There are theories the arresting detective may in fact have been the one who did it!

Repeated telling of the tale through the nursery rhyme means most everyone things she did it despite the facts.

It's why before you let a marketer tell you ANYTHING, it's a good idea to study marketing and propaganda. From the 7 core propaganda techniques, to mentalist concepts like lie propagation and truth through repetition; much less card stacking and glittering generalities.

HTML 5 is "better" because... well... everyone says so. jQuery is "easier" because, well... everyone says so. That's "truth through repetition" aka "assertion" mixed with "bandwagon"; the laugh being neither statement is entirely true. (far from it). It's accepted as truth because people are told it, accept it as truth -- and once something is accepted as truth it's an uphill battle to convince them otherwise no matter how rational the argument or what the actual truth is.

SEO and search rankings are a stunning example of this. SO many sites and SO many people treat it as the be-all end-all of site development that everyone now assumes it is, when the truth is... well...

Look at some of the bigger success stories of the Internet:

Facebook: All content on the site is behind a disallow / in it's robots.txt -- that's why no Facebook content shows up on search engines. ... and why as I keep saying screwing around with the presence of nofollow is pointless; search engines shouldn't even be getting far enough for the presence of the REL attribute to even be noticed! Hence FB shouldn't be wasting bandwidth saying rel="nofollow" in the first place, they've got a perfectly good robots.txt! When you tell the search engines not to index/spider your ENTIRE SITE -- and yet are still one of the highest traffic sites out there, it really calls all this SEO nonsense into question.

4Chan: Another high traffic high profile site that has content that expires so it's always fresh; always being fresh means that search engines aren't going to find jack ****... when's the last time on a google image search or even normal search you had a link to 4chan show up? You don't.... doesn't matter, they have user generated content other users want and gain their traffic via word of mouth.

Even Google doesn't index their own Google+ pages (nor do other engines)... what does that tell you?

People have become SO obsessed with search that they'll believe almost any fictitious bull SEO "experts" tell them; and it's reached the point where the LIES propagated by the SEO-tards have been repeated and accepted as truth for so long, that most people "specializing" in SEO no longer even realize most of it is a tissue of fiction based not in reality, but in fear, uncertainty and doubt; since NOTHING lets you prey on the ignorance of others like fear.

Which is why you'll see people putting endless pointless effort into "ranking #1" to the point they neglect what's actually important -- delivering your content to users. Getting them in the door is one thing, but that doesn't mean conversions or repeat visits.

Which is why I've seen so many sites that sure, rank high and have decent traffic; but it's all unique visits that bounce. What's worth more, 100K visits with 100 conversions, or 10K visits with 150 conversions because you actually followed the advice of most every developer with a clue, and as Matt Cutts put it "Built for the user, not the engine".

Really though there are SO many things people treat as truth because it's the first thing they were told, without taking the time to ask "why" or to even double-check. This becomes more true on topics of which the person knows nothing and as such isn't informed enough to make a rational decision about.

Which is why SEO is basically a religion and a matter of faith at this point; no that wasn't a compliment.
    Java is to JavaScript as Ham is to Hamburger.
    Share on Google+

First of all you have update your sitemap in Google webmaster tools after that you have to index your website by using "fetch as Google" in crawl options. After doing this fetching your website will be indexed within 1 hour time.
    Share on Google+

I suspect that all that needs to be said has been said. Thread closed.
    Share on Google+

Thread Information