www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Blogging website for others

Blogging website for others

I would like to create a blogging website for other people, based on Wordpress. They could sing up, select their subdomain name (it would be good if they would be able to add their fully qualified domain name also), and start adding posts.

It would be good if I could add any of the Wordpress plugins / themes etc. Is something like this possible? I think it should be, but I am not sure if something like this is readily available on the Net. I was looking at Buddy Press, but I am not sure if this is exactly what I need (it is more like a social blogging software, like Tumblr, and not regular blogging site).

What would be the best way to do it?

Thank you.

Hire some professional IT service provider beacuse you want your own blogging platform and it's not so easy at all.

Yes it is possible. There are plenty of blog hosts besed on Wordpress. But If you really want to have a good service probably it will be necessary to develop some proprietary plugins and solutions - you want to stay aside of crowd of many similar Wordpress-based blogging platforms, won't you?

Take a look at edublogs.org - this blog host is based on Wordpress.

Hey it's not easy but possible.

Making the WordPress the base and try to develop the whole thing works. More careful in designing the plugins to be take care of as we can customize the wordpress with great plugin only.

Thread Information