Hi everyone,

Usually I am pretty good at figuring things out on my own but I have been cracking my head on this one for days now. I have a website that runs Wordpress on IIS8 (PHP 5.4 and MySQL using InnoDB). By using WinCache my average time to first byte is now around 1400-1800 ms. Way too slow in my opinion as it takes this long for anything to display! I have tried enabling Output Caching in IIS8 to always cache .php files. This dramatically decreased my time to first byte to a mere 8 ms. Perfect! Or so I thought..

The only problem I am facing then is that not a single part of my website gets updated once users interact with it. Considering my website loads every sub-page by query (Wordpress); it'll never transition to the new page! (I.e. I'll always see the home page and not the About Us or whatever page)

This forces me to turn Output Caching in IIS8 for PHP files completely off and thus having my TTFB way too high. Do any of you know of any great caching options or tricks with either Wincache/FastCGI or Output Caching? I'd love to get my TTFB/Response Time down to the 8 ms I noticed was possible!

I really appreciate the input!

With kind regards,
Jorn

P.S. some background info: I am running a VPS with 4 cores and 5 GB of RAM on Windows Server 2012 with IIS 8.