www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Anyone here for discussion on Python Basics ?

Anyone here for discussion on Python Basics ?

Hello.

I am waiting for some serious discussion on Python basics. I have been investing my time on coding for last 6 months and its Python which is using my time. I have learned loops, lists, dictionaries, if else statements, functions and number of other things so I am having some issues and I need to discuss it with some experts in this language.

I will be waiting for comments

Thanks

I'd likely follow along if it becomes active, as I have only dabbled a little bit with it, but would like to know more -- but I wouldn't likely be able to provide much in the way of answers at this point.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Its good, I have a follower here but I was looking for more people on this topic. Anyway I can wait for some time. The problem I face whenever I look for python help it takes me straight towards Stackoverflow, a forum, though its a good one but people there mostly discusses about advance level concepts and codes.
    I am learning python on code academy and from a book by Z A shaw so I follow their way of coding and I am using Python 2.7 version on windows 8.1.
    So I am looking for people with same interest.

Thanks btw.

I want to begin learn Python. Please write, what's best book about Python for beginners?

I've been programming for some 35 years, but when it comes to certain languages -- python, ruby... I don't get it. I'd be interested in watching such discussions just to see if I can grasp at least SOME of the -- to be brutally frank -- seemingly confusing and needlessly convoluted and cryptic bits of the language. Admittedly I have certain mental blocks on some programming concepts; like I'm completely unable to grasp how visual programming is even supposed to work -- laughable since I can code x86 machine language blindfolded and am fluent in some two dozen programming languages.

I mean, every time I try to deal with python I end up more soured than I did with C syntax languages thirty years ago, and that's screwed up since I can hand compile my own RCA 1802, 6502, Z80 or x86 machine language -- but cannot grasp why anyone would use languages like python by choice...

...and I should LIKE python, since I'm rabid about code formatting and indentation practices; comes from learning Pascal from a Nun with a yardstick in the '80's... *THWAP* across the knuckles "INDENT!", *THWAP* DE-INDENT! *THWAP* START A NEW LINE! *THWAP* INDENT!

But then, in the same way Lesnar is a "Paul Heyman Guy", I'm a "Niklaus Wirth guy". I'm still not convinced the bit about "Unix and C are a hoax" is entirely inaccurate.
    Java is to JavaScript as Ham is to Hamburger.

I'm kind of that way about Ruby -- trying to learn it, but having negative flashbacks to the parts of Perl I didn't like.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Friend form many years we are leading web development agency and I would like to update you that if you want any help regarding python the why you no going for python help.

Thanks

Thread Information