App Signup: Mobile Number VS Email Address
What is the best way to get your users to signup on your app (mobile only app). Should you get them to signup with the usual email address method OR is it better to just allow them to signup with their mobile number. I can't find any reputable articles online that cover this.
Can anyone tell me the advantages and disadvantages of both:
01 - Signing Up With Email Address (Advantages and Disadvantages)
02 - Signup With Mobile Number (Advantages and Disadvantages)
Thanks in advance for your help.
You can use either email or mobile no for signup process as both severs the purpose. I am listing something for you here -
Advantage of Signing Up With Email Address
1. More no of user signup for your app
2. People can try you app without giving personal information
3. user has option to leave the app they don't like without bothering thier privacy so ease for you and user both.
Disadvantage of Signing Up With Email Address
1. One user(same) can create multiple accounts with different emails.
2. More spamming is there.
3. As a user can create many account with different emails so your space and database will go waste.
Advantage of Signing Up With Mobile Number
1. One user can have only one account (more probably)
2. Chance of spamming is less
3. Your user is real and authentic as they have verified mobile no so target is good.
Disadvantage of Signing Up With Mobile Number
1. People may afraid to give a try unless they have more confidence on app.
2. Most of people don't want to give mobile no so chance is that they not try so less users.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)