www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Having Trouble Editing This, Can Someone Help Please.

Having Trouble Editing This, Can Someone Help Please.

Hi I have tried and failed a few times. Dont know were I am going wrong I want to adjust this file but it effects the outcome and stops the script from working correctly.

Here is the file:

Racing.zip

Basically I want to reduce the following.

1. Only have 3 boxes in each row
    2. Delete completly all boxes that are shown in all of the rows marked 2:

I can seem to just delete them fine in the html code but then when i input my data required for the calculations into the javascript and then run the html the javascript doesnt work and shows nothing.

Please can someone help, I've tried and failed got it to work on a couple of occassions but then it goes blank.

1. What does the error log show?

2. How is the zipped data being unzipped? Are you sure that it is unzipped before its being "fed" to your javascript?

I only zipped it to upload the files here.

It's not showing an error log or error. The file doesn't calk tge java correctly as soon as I delete the html boxes that I dont want I'm maybe not deleting the correct javascript pieces which is were I neEd the help

Please post your code in the forum code tags... thats what they are for!
    Yes, I know I'm about as subtle as being hit by a bus..(\\.\ Aug08)
    Yep... I say it like I see it, even if it is like a baseball bat in the nutz... (\\.\ Aug08)
    I want to leave this world the same way I came into it, Screaming, Incontinent & No memory!
    I laughed that hard I burst my colostomy bag... (\\.\ May03)
    Life for some is like a car accident... Mine is like a motorway pile up...

Problems with Vista? :: Getting Cryptic wid it. :: The 'C' word! :: Whois?

It wont let me add the code even with the code tags which is why I zipped it as its over 10000 characters

Expecting someone to wade through 10K+ of code is somewhat hopeful!!! Furthermore, I, for one, will not download ANY zips. It's not worth the risk of malware. So what on earth does all that code do? And if you don't know what it does, why is it there???

You need to strip out the unnecessary code, and get the page working, preferably without any scripts Then add back only the code you NEED. that way you will know what each bit of code does, and where the problem is. Then, even if you can't solve the problem, you can give us something to work on!

Either that, or toss the whole lot in the bin and start from scratch!

A member of this forum Kevin created it for me a while back but I would like to use it for another propose as well which is why I am trying to edit it. As I said I can edit the html to make it look how I want but just don't know which parts of the script to delete to keep it working correctly which is why I need help. I'm no expert at this

If I have deleted an id in the html file does it need to be deleted in the javascript file, . Can't think why else it would be working. Works fine before I delete the input boxes in html

Thread Information