www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: choosing a good domain name for my website

choosing a good domain name for my website

What are things to consider before choosing a good domain name for my website?

I believe while registering domain name one should focus on

1) If domain as Company name available then it should be first Priority . For example if someone company name is Fedix India . They should try domain name as fedixindia.com

2) Other options are domain should be short , easy to spell , easy to remembered, easy to pronounce , should reflect theme of business

Now days keywords oriented domains does not matter in search Engines so try search domain which catchy and reflects true image of your business.

Manmeet

Choosing a domain name is definitely a very important step in launching a site that will be successful in the future. While choosing .com, short and easy to remember domain names are tips that you might have known of, there are some other great tips like optimal domain name registration length (yes, it makes a difference!), social handle availability and even private registrations are very important things to remember when choosing a domain name.

I found all these great points in this post here. How to choose a domain name - Money Looms. Hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianResendbk View Post
    Your domain name should be small and easy to remember, include the keyword which you want to target, and depending on the target audience select the domain extension i.e .com, .net.

It is good if you take short domain, not more than 15 words. dot com extension is best and don't try other extensions. avoid negative keyword in the domain.

Quote Originally Posted by oshoit View Post
    It is good if you take short domain, not more than 15 words. dot com extension is best and don't try other extensions. avoid negative keyword in the domain.
    I hope you meant 15 characters, not words!!! And whether to use .com or a country-specific like .co.uk depends upon your target audience.

I usually try to incorporate keywords I'm targeting withing my domain name.
    Bing and Yahoo give top priority regarding this strategy. My site www.bestdealgalaxy.com
    ranks well on these search engines as a result.
    What are you is your site related to - niche or company site?

Quote Originally Posted by BrianResendbk View Post
    I suggest you should read this article, it has 10 simple tips to guide you how to choose a good domain name
    http://www.webmastersun.com/blog/10-...d-domain-name/
    Hope it helps!

I would suggest to make your domain name as short as possible.While coming to extension of your domain, choose based on your location rather top level domains.

I think you should choose your company's product to get domain name

There’s a lot to think about when setting up your website’s domain name and a lot of it comes down to your goals. Here’s a good article on the subject that might help: http://blog.servermania.com/choosing...mall-business/

Thread Information