dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Regarding Google ranking dropped due to HTTPS

Regarding Google ranking dropped due to HTTPS

On 7 aug 2014 Google announced that making HTTPS/SSL to the website Will give you a better ranking on Google Search Engine.But after that many SEO people Switched their website to HTTPS & those people lost their Google Rankings to drop down.Why it was happened?

Yes, I also came through such webmasters who lost their SERP ranking after switching HTTP to HTTPS but I think, it would not be real reason behind it. There may be some other reasons.

Hi
    Google has updated that HTTPS will down the rankings. Kindly search in searchengine land

Google and HTTPS

Switching to HTTPS is not difficult and 'n' number of companies would do it, if this factor assumes importance in improving ranks. The reason why the ranks are falling is because sites lack quality content. Content will continue to gain primacy as a ranking parameter over HTTPS. This has also been mentioned by Google in its blog.
    So, while the search engine would continue to press for HTTPS, it is unlikely that it will ever gain overriding importance to quality content.
    Secondly, i firmly believe that HTTPS protocol is more suitable for certain websites where sensitive information is being shared or monetary transactions are being done. So, if this is being opted for by those websites which do not deal with such sensitive information, ranks are not likely to change. Relevance of application of HTTPS is also a factor to be considered.
    Therefore, just because Google has said so, there shall not be bee-line to opt for HTTPS protocol.

Here is a small post recently written: http://seopractise.blogspot.in/2014/...in-google.html

So far as search goes, there should be NO difference between HTTP or HTTPS -- the ONLY thing I can think of that would make a difference is that HTTPS is slower -- and Google HAS been penalizing slow loading websites... but that's why Google introduced SPDY so you can have HTTPS and have it even run faster than normal HTTP... in theory... in practice the server-side overhead can piss all over that resulting in it being more of a wash apart from the open connection reducing the multi-file request overhead. If you've got an inefficient file count, SPDY can pay off... if you don't, it's a wash.

But in terms of impact on search JUST because it's HTTPS instead of HTTP? BULL! 100% grade A farm fresh fiction -- I'd be interested in seeing an actual link to an ACTUAL Google employee saying ANYTHING along these lines, as I'm unable to find any such reference clearly lumping this into the same hoodoo-voodoo witch doctor fiction as the rest of the SEO Scam Artist nonsense. Just another thing to make a wild claim about to trick the ignorant, that isn't based in anything remotely resembling fact. You can find plenty of "i speeda de engrish" SEO-tard's CLAIMING Google said it, but... where's the link to where it's actually SAID?!?

In other words, business as usual for the people more interested in gaming the system to polish that turd than they are in generating content of value and genuine interest on the part of visitors.

Thread Information