www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Horizontal Menu Problems

Horizontal Menu Problems

If you look at http://www.ashville.co.uk in Chrome the 'Contact' menu item doesn't align with the rest of the menu items. It's the same in some other browsers, e.g., Firefox, but not all of them - for example, it looks fine in IE and either Safari or Opera (can't remember which).

Can anyone spot the problem at all please!

many thanks

P

Quote Originally Posted by Peedurr View Post
    If you look at http://www.ashville.co.uk in Chrome the 'Contact' menu item doesn't align with the rest of the menu items. It's the same in some other browsers, e.g., Firefox, but not all of them - for example, it looks fine in IE and either Safari or Opera (can't remember which).

Can anyone spot the problem at all please!

many thanks

P
    I checked it on Chrome and Firefox on my Ubuntu i feel it look fine. There is no any problem with the menu either of them it's not the 'Contact' that have any problem.

Can you post the image so we can get what problem it is?

The reason it's dropping (which it is here in windows) is simply that the total width of all menu items exceeds the 720px width of the UL. Solution? Make the UL wider... BUT:

That fixed width layout with fixed metric (px) fonts is an accessibility mess, and really the menu and elements around it SHOULD be designed to go narrower than one single width. Between that and the massive code bloat, and design elements that to be frank have no business on a website if you care about users getting to it, results in a page that -- as I often tell people -- I'd throw away and start over from scratch, as from an accessibility, usability, functionality, and efficiency standpoint there is little if anything I'd try to salvage from that.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but it's the truth of the matter; there's more to building a proper website than what it looks like on the screen you happen to be seated in front of.

you will increase the width size of the top "navmenu".

The Solution given below:

#masthead ul#topnav {
    font-family: Georgia,"Times New Roman",Times,serif;
    height: 40px;
    left: 235px;
    position: absolute;
    top: 0;
    width: 751px;
    }

Thread Information