www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: About creating password protected page

About creating password protected page

Hi all,

How to create hidden page/password protected page?

What I'm prepared to achieve is creating some pages to be shared to some friends. Those pages are still shown on the menu but can only be read with password.

What will be the criteria/words used on searching relevent articles on Internet? Hidden page? Password protected page?

Advice and/or Pointer would be appreciated.

Thanks

satimis

First you need to determine what your web server and host give you access to.

What software are you using? Does it have counter measures to protect itself?

As you probably can tell, theirs allot more to this than just asking for a protected login page... you also have the coding aspects if you do this yourself.
    Yes, I know I'm about as subtle as being hit by a bus..(\\.\ Aug08)
    Yep... I say it like I see it, even if it is like a baseball bat in the nutz... (\\.\ Aug08)
    I want to leave this world the same way I came into it, Screaming, Incontinent & No memory!
    I laughed that hard I burst my colostomy bag... (\\.\ May03)
    Life for some is like a car accident... Mine is like a motorway pile up...

Problems with Vista? :: Getting Cryptic wid it. :: The 'C' word! :: Whois?

Quote Originally Posted by \\.\ View Post
    First you need to determine what your web server and host give you access to.

What software are you using? Does it have counter measures to protect itself?

As you probably can tell, theirs allot more to this than just asking for a protected login page... you also have the coding aspects if you do this yourself.

Hi,

Thanks for your advice.

I'm subscribing share hosting on Godaddy. Their server is running Apache and MySQL. I'm only allowed to add software provided by them which are listed on their website. Unfortunately I couldn't discover where to upload file here. Otherwise I can attach the screenshot of the software provided on their server. I have been googling a while discovering many solutions. But I have no experience which way shall I go.

Rdgs
    satimis

You need a separate template in order to created password protected page because it is different from the entire one option you can do through wordpress.

Quote Originally Posted by abidasaalim View Post
    You need a separate template in order to created password protected page because it is different from the entire one option you can do through wordpress.
    Hi,

Thanks for your advice.

Yes, WordPress can do it via under Publish -> on visibility -> select Password protect. I expect to know whether there is another solution.

satimis

Thread Information