www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Donate button java stuck

Donate button java stuck

Hello,

Just to start this off right. I am a beginner java level coder. Learned a little awhile back and recently picked up learning again, Teaching myself.

I decided for fun i would make a donate button for my favorite crypto currency.

I am editing an open source code found here - https://github.com/scottycc/coinwidget.com

And am stuck on this. When you click the send donation button it would normally open the users bitcoin wallet. well in this case i want to change it to my crypto currency of choice. Stuck on where to edit that. The images and everything i wanted i already have inserted.

Well... first up, see my signature -- Java is to JavaScript as Ham is to Hamburger. You appear to be using the latter, not the former.

As to the code in question, that's a hell of a lot to go through, do you have a copy running live somewhere?

Really it seems written for just bitcoin -- you want to write it for some other pretend fantasy-land play money, you're going to probably have to write one version for each and then somehow change the submit method to use the appropriate one...

BUT, this reeks of using JS to do server-side code's job... though I don't know enough about monopoly money donation code to say that for certain.
    Java is to JavaScript as Ham is to Hamburger.

I would agree that when it comes to transactions and dealing with money of any type, you do your stuff in the server and preferable that you use HTTPS and not HTTP, main reason is security.

If you are not going to be in a position to afford HTTPS then leave it to the established HTTPS servers and services that deal with money.
    Yes, I know I'm about as subtle as being hit by a bus..(\\.\ Aug08)
    Yep... I say it like I see it, even if it is like a baseball bat in the nutz... (\\.\ Aug08)
    I want to leave this world the same way I came into it, Screaming, Incontinent & No memory!
    I laughed that hard I burst my colostomy bag... (\\.\ May03)
    Life for some is like a car accident... Mine is like a motorway pile up...

Problems with Vista? :: Getting Cryptic wid it. :: The 'C' word! :: Whois?

Quote Originally Posted by \\.\ View Post
    I would agree that when it comes to transactions and dealing with money of any type, you do your stuff in the server and preferable that you use HTTPS and not HTTP, main reason is security.

If you are not going to be in a position to afford HTTPS then leave it to the established HTTPS servers and services that deal with money.

The donate button its self doesnt actually send any funds . Every Cryptocurrency has its own wallet, When you are ready to send your payment the donate button is directed to open that .exe wallet program on your pc. In the source codes case it opens your bitcoin wallet and inserts the donation address. The wallet its self actually sends the payment. The button only opens the wallet program I want to edit that to open the wallet of my choice not the bitcoin wallet.

(sorry for the poor termonology learning fast!)

Since a browser isn't supposed to be allowed to run native executables from javascript, how would that EVER work, and if it did, how can we stop it given the MASSIVE security hole that would introduce?

Or is it sending a download link to be handled like how .torrent or .magnet are? If so, what's it need all that complicated .js for?
    Java is to JavaScript as Ham is to Hamburger.

Thread Information