www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Can't keep session continuous between all pages using php

Can't keep session continuous between all pages using php

I have created a session in php where users log in and their data is transferred in all the pages.it looks like this
    PHP Code:
    <?php ob_start();
    session_start();
    error_reporting(0);
    $_SESSION['url'] = $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'];
    include 
    'cw-config.php';
    if(
    $_SESSION[userid]!='')
    {
    $details=mysql_fetch_array(mysql_query("select * from register where guid='$_SESSION[userid]'"));
    }
    ?>
    It works on all pages except on this one even though i wrote the code in same manner as above one.it looks like this
    PHP Code:
    <?php ob_start();
    session_start();
    error_reporting(0);
    include 
    'cw-config.php';
    extract($_POST);
    extract($_GET);
    $_SESSION['url'] = $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'];

if(
    $_SESSION[userid]!=''){ 
    $details=mysql_fetch_array(mysql_query("select * from register where guid='".$_SESSION["userid"]."'"));
    }
    $shopdata=mysql_fetch_array(mysql_query("select * from shop where guid='$shopid'"));
    ?>
    Kindly visit:http://rewardsinn.com the problem is with categories/stores when selected from dropdown menu the session isn't getting transferred I am new to this coding and had redo everything as we were cheated by a designer.it was working fine till yesterday.Kindly help me in this.Once sign in and check to know the problem.

how about the missing quotes on userid in your first reference above? if you have some other constant/var named 'userid' then this session ref will not work as expected.

(all literal array indices SHOULD be in quotes).

I tried what u said and changed but the problem remains the same.session isn't getting recorded.visit rewardsinn.com,
    ID:ram
    pwd:123
    after logging in check any category/shop u wil find the problem

One possible gotcha is if you sometimes link to a page or form action with a www sub-domain and sometimes don't. You can avoid this issue if you set the session.cookie_domain configuration parameter to be ".yourdomain.com" (note the leading dot). (This could also be done via session_set_cookie_params() in a config file that always gets called before you do your session_start().)
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Thanks...i have removed the www part its working now

Thread Information