dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Any tips of web design for a game review site?

Any tips of web design for a game review site?

Hey there! :P

I've new to the forum but I'm a Programmer / Web Developer of about 7 years, despite this I am terrible at Web Design.
    I have tried numerous tutorial websites and tried to mimic style of many free templates that exist to my own fashion, but to no avail.

So I was wondering, do any of you guys have any tips or even a website that could better teach me some basic skills in web design?
    It really hinders your project work when you can't afford a designer and you like doing things yourself!

Take a look at bootstrap.

Thank you, this is extremely helpful!

However I feel there may be a misunderstanding, I don't want super flashy visuals but certain aspects of design theory are practiced even in plain sites.

Theories like the concept of white-space and colours (if any) going well together, and how to not cramp your data nor leave it too far apart.

These are the design aspects I was referring to (though I put it across badly by assuming this was obvious).

When looking at successful game review websites they clearly have tight-knit information that is all easily accessible and separated in a decent manner, I have NO concept of how to achieve this; especially when this site is designed to review material meaning I am avoiding a lot of the 'news' section, which these other sites use to keep their sites up-to-date, interesting to many at once and always drawing in new traffic.

So, knowing all this, I guess I'm asking for tips on standardized formatting, rather than "LOOK AT ME I'M FLASHY".

"Your logo is an important part of your brand, so make sure it's located prominently on your site," says Tiffany Monhollon, senior content marketing manager at online marketer ReachLocal.

Thread Information