www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Hostakers - Request for a review

Thumbs up Hostakers - Request for a review

Hello All,

I developed New web hosting Website , we are providing secured and $1 unlimited hosting

Please give me Review of my site

site : http://www.hostakers.com

Thnaks,

This looks REALLY familiar... is there some stock template every hosting company is using or something.

Has all the hallmarks of an off the shelf template, including what's often called the "trifecta of /FAIL/ at web design". What is the "trifecta of /FAIL/"?

1) Fixed width layout, making zooming to read the fonts painful and viewing the page on small displays even MORE painful.

2) Fixed metric (px) fonts, typically in uselessly absurdly undersized measurements like 12px or less.

3) illegible color contrasts -- like the dark gray on black menu.

It's also filled with inaccessible/broken design elements that really have no business in a web design like multiple perfect equal height equal width sections, massive slow loading bandwidth hogging full width image slider, etc, etc...

Peeking under the hood things just get worse, what with the PHP code that isn't even running and is instead putting IE into quirks mode. (hence why the layout is totally banjaxed there). The keywords meta is overstuffed guaranteeing it will be ignored, AND it has zero relevance to your content, AND isn't even keyWORDS. It's got the typical jQuery for nothing code bloat, static scripting in the markup, static style in the markup, STRONG and EM around things that should not be receiving emphasis, clearing DIV like it's still 2001, nonsensical use of numbered headings...

... and the broken Engrish isn't helping matters much either. You might want to get a professional writer in there to punch things up a bit.

It's pretty much what I come to expect with an off the shelf template; which IMHO are nothing more than a giant scam designed to rip off people just starting out who don't know any better! Hence why my advice would be to toss that entire mess and start over from scratch with just the content, marked up semantically with separation of presentation from content, progressively enhanced with CSS, do yourself a favor and stay the devil away from JS goofyness for now, with an actually accessible layout and design that's elastic, semi-fluid and responsive. All the accessibility norms and bits important for users nd search engines to care about you having a site are nowhere to be found... and that's the really important stuff!

MORE SO for a hosting company; if your site says "I can haz intarnets" you really think people looking for someplace to host a site is going to choose that?

site looks just fine. image in the slider not having the original height. thats why its not looking good at all. over all site is good.

A few design decisions I would change:

Slider tiles should jump directly to the tile that is being hovered instead of cycling through the one in the middle, it took me two hovers to figure out why the images were cycling so fast when moving from top left to bottom right.

The navigation menu when hovered should be easier to read, the text is quite small.

The stock images on the slider are pretty weak, sorry.

IMO /plans should not have the banner slider, the user is already engaged, large eye catching elements like that should give way to information as you achieve engagement.

Otherwise pretty good =]

Quote Originally Posted by deathshadow View Post
    This looks REALLY familiar... is there some stock template every hosting company is using or something.

MORE SO for a hosting company; if your site says "I can haz intarnets" you really think people looking for someplace to host a site is going to choose that?
    Thanks for that informative post ds! I just got an unsolicited email advertising 'Hostakers' so I tried chatting with the 'tech support'. This took me about a half hour to find out the CS service hours. The pricing is so good I went looking for reviews and found your response here. Thanks!

radio

Thread Information