dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Beginning web app development for the novice programmer?

Beginning web app development for the novice programmer?

I hope this isn't the wrong subforum to ask, but JavaScript seems the most relevant (I think.)

I'm only a novice programmer and I'd like to begin creating web applications for a few personal projects I have in mind. There are seemingly multiple places to start, such as frameworks like python and rails, multiple books that cover HTML5/javascript, etc. I'm looking for the ideal place to start in all of this.

I'm already familiar with basic programming constructs like variables, if/then, functions, arrays, for loops, event handling, etc, and use them quite often on a day-to-day basis, so I don't need any kind of introduction to programming. But at the same time, I'm not a seasoned developer, mostly just writing simple tools in bash and GUI/xaml driven powershell applets to simplify administrative tasks on my servers. I only know very basic HTML, with practically zero knowledge of JS and CSS.

Anybody have any solid recommendations on how I should start? And from there, any books, online materials, etc?

Python isn't a framework, its a programming language in its own right.

Frameworks are JQuery, Node, Angular, Mootools, and other libraries.

As for JavaScript, its a case of jump it, most people start with sites like W3Schools.
    --> JavaScript Frameworks like JQuery, Angular, Node <--
    ... and please remember to wrap code with forum BBCode tags:-

[CODE]...[/CODE] [HTML]...[/HTML] [PHP]...[/PHP]

If you can't think outside the box, you will be trapped forever with no escape...

Thread Information