dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Editable CMS-like field in HTML5?

Editable CMS-like field in HTML5?

Greetings everyone. I'm more like a designer than a webmaster and I've spent a month designing something unique and artistic in HTML5&JS for a customer. It's responsive and works in every navigator, platform and operating system. Gosh, it's like it has its own life.

Today I receive an email from my customer saying he wants editable fields in a section of the contact/pricing subpage. I can't say no, it's my best customer. If I had a gun in my mouth right now I would pull the trigger.

The deadline is very soon and I have no time to remake the whole website for Wordpress or any other CMS management system. Is there any way to place an applet, a script, or whatever, into the HTML code and make it easy to edit for her? Like an addon, wordpress based, allowing me to grab text from somewhere else (like a blogger site she can easily log in?) and place it in the exact spot of my website where she wants it?

I would say there must be a way, I'm just too ignorant and confused to find it. I beg your help.

Thank you.

The simplest solution is to change the page involved to .php so you can add some code that will either query a database or read a file containing the client's content. From there, you just need to provide an admin page that will let him edit the content using CKEditor or some other HTML/rich-text tool.

This isn't an uncommon task, so if you search a couple of the scripts directories you could probably find something pre-built, but I don't have any suggestions as to what you should use to search on. "user page editor" or something, perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by rtrethewey View Post
    The simplest solution is to change the page involved to .php so you can add some code that will either query a database or read a file containing the client's content. From there, you just need to provide an admin page that will let him edit the content using CKEditor or some other HTML/rich-text tool.

This isn't an uncommon task, so if you search a couple of the scripts directories you could probably find something pre-built, but I don't have any suggestions as to what you should use to search on. "user page editor" or something, perhaps.
    Very appreciated. I will look for what you suggested. Also, I will edit this post with the prebuilt solution once I find it so it can help others in the future.

No edit button. Seems like this forum prefers hardcore order over freedom.

Fixed it myself. Used this small code: http://chechi.be/midas/simple-cms.zip

Quote Originally Posted by pinguinoz View Post
    No edit button. Seems like this forum prefers hardcore order over freedom.
    Freedom has nothing to do with it. Post count does, although I don't know what that number is...

Thread Information