www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: help changing images

Hybrid View

help changing images

I'm trying to alter a website previously made by someone else (change an image and delete three icons), however it isn't allowing me.. I can go in and inspect the elements of an image and delete in that way, but they do not stay deleted and I can't seem to change the image..

any ideas/help? please and thank you!
    Share on Google+

Could be something as simple as your browser caching the images/icons.

Or not.
    Share on Google+

Quote Originally Posted by GrettaStir View Post
    I'm trying to alter a website previously made by someone else (change an image and delete three icons), however it isn't allowing me.. I can go in and inspect the elements of an image and delete in that way, but they do not stay deleted and I can't seem to change the image..

any ideas/help? please and thank you!
    Thats not what that tool is made for. You need ftp access to the server to be able to even start editing a websie. If you are not comfortable with html or css. I suggest you find someone that is qualified to help you
    Share on Google+

You can use your ftp or cpanel to login your host files and change your image in img folder.
    Share on Google+

You should log in to your cpanel of that website and replace those images, then must check your website without cache or in private window.
    Share on Google+

Yeah, just try to login with your cpanel.
    Share on Google+

I really don't understand this overwhelming urge to keep repeating the same answer ad nauseum.
    Share on Google+

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin2 View Post
    I really don't understand this overwhelming urge to keep repeating the same answer ad nauseum.
    If you look at the post counts of the members posting, it looks very much like newbies inflating their post counts. If so please note that posting simply to inflate your post count is frowned on, and can lead to a ban. Newbies, you have been warned.

In any case, this thread seems to have exhausted the useful replies, so I'll close it.
    Last edited by jedaisoul; 08-12-2014 at 07:17 PM.
    Share on Google+

Thread Information