www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: How PHP webpages are styled?

How PHP webpages are styled?

Hi,

I' have website design but now I want to code it, I have good knowledge of HTML / HTML5 and CSS, but little in PHP. My question is how can I start coding my website with PHP do I actually code the entire website with PHP or combined?

What I think is I would start to layer out each page with HTML and CSS and after that I move on to PHP, creating login system, and other dynamic website functions and after that I styling each page.

Please correct me if I am wrong this is my first attempt in creating something serious.

Whether or not a given page uses PHP for server-side processing, the output will still all be HTML, so there's no difference in how you style it: it's still uses HTML and CSS (and maybe some JavaScript to add bells and whistles and the sparkly things marketing people drool over.

In a good web app design, you want to try as much as possible to keep the server-side processing (PHP/database stuff) separate from the HTML that gets output, though at some point you'll need a bit of PHP code amidst the HTML.
    Last edited by NogDog; 07-11-2014 at 04:23 PM.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Quote Originally Posted by NogDog View Post
    Whether or not a given page uses PHP for server-side processing, the output will still all be HTML, so there's no difference in how you style it: it's still uses HTML and CSS (and maybe some JavaScript to add bells and whistles and the sparkly things marketing people drool over.

In a goo web app design, you want to try as much as possible to keep the server-side processing (PHP/database stuff) separate from the HTML that gets output, though at some point you'll need a bit of PHP code amidst the HTML.

Thats all I needed to hear thanks a lot now I can start coding.

Everything that gets rendered into HTML is ONLY styled via CSS!

CSS is responsible for styling, nothing else :-)

Thread Information