www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: links that wrap over two lines

links that wrap over two lines

Hi all,

I want to write a list of links like this ie where some links (highlighted in red) wrap over two lines. So if the space of the container allows, “New” would be on the first line and “York” would be on the second line ie rather than both words being pushed to the second line.

On my test page – the links are floated left – the first line has room for “New” but it is being pushed down to the second line.

Any ideas please?

Thanks…

Hey Juc.. NEW<br>YORK would work for your link idea.. as for being pushed down.. line 1, line 2??... need to show code or link page dude!

Hi, seeing your code would help. But couldn't you but the links in a containing div and make the width on the div really small. Something like:
    <div style="width:10px"><a>New York</a>

----------------
    webdev_monkey
    www.online-webdev-tools.com

Quote Originally Posted by Juc1 View Post
    I want to write a list of links... where some links (highlighted in red) wrap over two lines. So if the space of the container allows, “New” would be on the first line and “York” would be on the second line ie rather than both words being pushed to the second line.
    Curious, what you are asking for is the default behaviour. Are you sure that there isn't a non-breaking space between the words? E.g. <a href="#">New&nbsp;York</a>?
    Last edited by jedaisoul; 07-12-2014 at 02:54 PM.

Thread Information