www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Rules of using images on my news website.

Rules of using images on my news website.

Hey guys,

Bit of a beginner when it comes to the legal side of web multimedia, what are the rules of using images from other websites on my news website?

Cheers.

While copyright laws vary depending by country, the United States Constitution provides copyright protection for all original works, including but not limited to photographs, music, motion pictures, art, sculptures and computer software. All images created after January 1, 1978, in the United States automatically receive copyright protection with many images before that time also being protected.

Generally speaking, all original pictures should be considered property of their rightful owners and should not be used without the permission of the owner. This is not limited to whether or not the user profits by using an image. Taking the picture out of its original form, such as using it in a collage or compilation, generally results in breaking copyright law. Saving an original image and using it on your website without the owner's permission is illegal.

http://www.ehow.com/list_6779676_cop...-pictures.html
    "Imagine a world where dogs took bad owners to the pound....."

http://www.hopeforpaws.org/

I would add that even free images in most cases are covered by specific licences. You should carefully read a licence each time you plan to use such a photo on your website. The only exception of this are so called public domain photos.

Quote Originally Posted by chrismottram View Post
    Hey guys,

Bit of a beginner when it comes to the legal side of web multimedia, what are the rules of using images from other websites on my news website?

Cheers.
    I will suggest you to purchase the images, which you want to use in your website. If you will use the images of some other website it will create the copyright issue.

Yeah there are many website offers free images for user.

Clipping Path Service

Thread Information