www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: How much is too much?

Question How much is too much?

Hi Guys,

I am not a webdeveloper, I am a customer and I am trying to get a website designed. Quotes have varied from 20,000 to 180,000! This seems to me to be rather a divide and furthmore 180K for a website!? Come on.

I was wondering if you could give me your oppinion on how much the following features should cost to imbed in a website.

1. Image editor. Like paint with certain features like 'upload photo' only accessible with premium membership
    2. Ability to publish image onto the website in real time whilst other people are looking
    3. Billing platform (Credit card, paypal integration)
    4. Facebook Integration / individual account

Those are the main key features of the sit so I dont think its complicated and I have sen free image editors for download and you just embed the HTML or whatever.

Finally, I am looking for a platform similar to that of the new google maps lay out. one massive image with ability to scroll in and out and grab the page to move (obviously we are not looking for anything to do with maps or GPS, just a picture). You can also search this platform for things like 'male, female or location (Europe, India, China etc)'.

Any help you can give on whether you think this would be complicated or how much each of those individual components should realistically cost would be greatly appreciated as currently I don't know who's being reasonable and who isn't.

Thanks a lot!

Max
    Share on Google+

I have closed this thread because discussion of rates for work is contrary to the AUP.
    Share on Google+

Thread Information