dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: How can i reorganize internal linking of a website?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    40

    How can i reorganize internal linking of a website?

    I just want to ask a question to all of the experts here. I'm going to reorganize my site structure through internal linking. I wondered that how can i target my home page where it has no content and consists of sliders and tabs.

    Can anyone please suggest me what is the solution?
    Share on Google+

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,838
    This does beg the question WHY there is no content on your home page? However, that aside, modern browsers allow you to target IDs on all tags, not just anchors. Is that what you meant by "target"?
    Share on Google+

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Jamshedpur
    Posts
    33
    Simply sign in to Google Webmaster Tools, find under Links to site, Then on the right side you'll get a full data of Internal Links
    Share on Google+

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by jedaisoul View Post
    This does beg the question WHY there is no content on your home page? However, that aside, modern browsers allow you to target IDs on all tags, not just anchors. Is that what you meant by "target"?
    Targeting means interlinking my entire website through the home page but site is developed into slides and tabs where some of the contents are there within that. My client's website is something like "OUR CORE SERVICES" section in multidots.com.

    So if i put links within the tabs, is it crawl by major search engines like Google? Is this method of doing interlinking is SEO friendly?

    Looking forward to hear you soon.
    Share on Google+

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,838
    Provided that there is a link to every page, the content of each page will be indexed, even if it is hidden/displayed by CSS or JavaScript. The exception is if the content is dynamically inserted by JavaScript. So it depends upon how the tabs are animated.
    Share on Google+

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by jedaisoul View Post
    Provided that there is a link to every page, the content of each page will be indexed, even if it is hidden/displayed by CSS or JavaScript. The exception is if the content is dynamically inserted by JavaScript. So it depends upon how the tabs are animated.
    So if i go for organic SEO, should i include a link to "Find out more" within each and every tab like they're inserted in multidots.com. Is it really worthy for SEO interlinking? Will i get the benefit through that?
    Share on Google+

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,838
    I can't answer that because it depends on how the content is put in the tabs, and how the tabs are created in the page. E.g. If you use an IFrame to display content from another site, it is worthless for SEO.
    Share on Google+

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by jedaisoul View Post
    I can't answer that because it depends on how the content is put in the tabs, and how the tabs are created in the page. E.g. If you use an IFrame to display content from another site, it is worthless for SEO.
    It's been fruitful discussion with you. Thanks for sharing info.
    Share on Google+

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    41
    Internal links are links that go from one page on a*domain*to a different page on the same domain.
    Share on Google+

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    58
    yes you can do this using webmaster tools
    Share on Google+

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,838
    Thread closed.
    Share on Google+

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
HTML5 Development Center



Recent Articles