www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Spelling correction option

Spelling correction option

Hey guys.. any chance?... I think I read that the option to edit own posts was given to long term members to reduce trolling....

I think Ive made about 30 something posts with spelling errors in each and every one!.. idiot lol!...

Any chance you would give me access to this option a little early to save all of us a little pain?..

ty

If I remember rightly, I did not have edit rights until I became a moderator! Solution: Prepare your posts off-line in a text editor with spell checker, then copy and paste them. But seriously, I think you have a point, post-moderation users should have edit rights.

Interesting. I can edit my posts, and have, but there's a ridiculously short period of time in which I'm able to do so. In other words, I can't come back an hour later and fix a misspelled word.

Now, the Post/Reply boxes will put the squiggly red line underneath words they think aren't spelled correctly. Check that first. Won't fix grammar though.

I also find it helpful to "Go Advanced" when replying as it allows me to see what the post will actually look like.

Hope this helps.

[edit]My after-post edit demonstration[/edit]
    Last edited by Kevin2; 07-19-2014 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Demonstrate an edit

Yes there are two settings... You can start editing you own posts after a period of time and then you only have a limited amount of time to do it.

Thread Information