www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Forums Please help

Forums Please help

Hi everyone, I am 14 years old and I run a website whitch has had over 150,000 polls in just under 6 months I think ths is very good as have really only been developing for about a year and a half, I hope to do some sort of web designing when I am older even if it is just a hobby, i have a online fourm that i link too from my site the thing about doing this is that it has loads of adverts on it and all the free forums with out add have all been taken can some one please help me, i want a forum on my site

P.s i dont no anything about php or what ever the other fourms say 2 do and i dont understand any of it eather.

Thanks alot for your help

http://www.phpbb.com is the best free forum software I've seen. It requires a very basic php knowledge

www.invisionboard.com is my favorite one that uses php. It is not open source so that means you are not even going to be able to tough php at all... like it or not. www.asp.net/forums is a good asp.net forum, it is not open source either. www.webwizforums.com is a good asp classic forum, it is open source I believe. When I talk about not being closed source I mean it uses a .dll, you will not be able to view source code because it is an executable file, compiled like an exe.

thanks i downloaded phpbb then uploaded it all to my server now it is asking me to do this:
    Change the permissions on config.php to be writeable by all (666 or -rw-rw-rw- within your FTP Client)

can you tell me how to do that Some one Please
    Last edited by Jack247; 03-10-2004 at 07:14 AM.

in your ftp program, right click on the file, then go to properties/permissions/security depending on which ftp client you're using, then their should be 9 checkboxes with a number, the number is where you type your 666

webbbs

I still like webbbs by Darryl Burghorf - awsd.com, it's free. There's one that looks the same from extropia.com. I don't like the look as well as this bulletin board, but they're free, they're easy to set up and maintain. They're in perl.
    jeanne

Originally posted by Jack247
    thanks i downloaded phpbb then uploaded it all to my server now it is asking me to do this:
    Change the permissions on config.php to be writeable by all (666 or -rw-rw-rw- within your FTP Client)

can you tell me how to do that Some one Please
    http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewforum...2a668fa5dfefef

Neil
    if($neil=="stuck"){echo("Help!");
    pull_out("hair", $neil);
    $neil=bald;}
    else{echo("What do you want?");}

Thread Information