www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: What is duplicate content in SEO

What is duplicate content in SEO

I have a website.I designed many landing pages.Can I used my home pages content to all my landing pages.
    Share on Google+

Duplicate content is one of those SEO things that many people are confused about. Duplicate content is often used to help boost
    keyword density, however some search engines, including Google, filters duplicate text and may penalize your site.
    Share on Google+

Quote Originally Posted by ishrar View Post
    I have a website.I designed many landing pages.Can I used my home pages content to all my landing pages.
    Publishing the same content on more than one website is termed as Duplicate content. According to Matt Cutts update, you can use duplicate content, spiders will not crawl the duplicate content. So as per this update, only your home page will be crawled and indexed and your landing pages will not get crawled and indexed.
    Share on Google+

Duplicate content means if you posted content after then you post same content again, that is called duplicate content.Don't use home pages content to all landing pages.
    Share on Google+

Duplication should never occur as per google guidelines.Every page in a website should be unique and informative.
    Share on Google+

Quote Originally Posted by ishrar View Post
    If you using same content in all inner pages means,your website should not come in top place of Search Engine Result Page.So update the unique content in each page regarding title and product of web page.
    Share on Google+

Duplicate content is such a big things on search engine specially Google, However there are some sites that allow duplicate content and doesn't penalize by Google cause they use canonical..
    Share on Google+

Duplicate content is the content placed in more than one website( or URL). Now, you want to use your home page content on all of your website's inner pages but remember it whenever a crawler finds duplicate content it does not crawl that page it'll crawl only the one and original so in your case crawler will come to your home page but not crawl on other pages if other pages having the same content. So if you want to rank high on SERP so i'll say use different and unique contents on your inner pages.
    Share on Google+

Thread Information