www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Search Engine Links in All Lowercase Letters

Search Engine Links in All Lowercase Letters

Hello! I am new to this forum so please excuse me if this is the wrong place to post this question. I am a new business owner, and have a website through GoDaddy. I know, I know, maybe I shouldn't have went with GoDaddy but what's done is done.

For whatever reason, when you search for Brand Striping (my business), all of my search results in google are coming up in all lowercase. I am still working on our SEO, so you might have to scroll down a bit or even go to the second page, but the website will come up as brandstriping.com although I see that absolutely NO WHERE in GoDaddy. I have never typed anything in all lowercase, and yet there it is. How can I fix this? I tried to talk to GoDaddy support and they seemed sort of clueless.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...com&gws_rd=ssl

I want the website to come up at least as "Brand Striping" with capitals and spaces.

Does anyone know how to fix this using GoDaddy?

Interesting. If you search for something "real" people search for when they need your services your site comes up with close to what you want as the title. See this:
    https://www.google.com/search?&q=par...irmingham%20al

However, there's a LOT wrong with your page(s) that could harm you in terms of future SEO. The biggest one being the editor you use. It adds so much junk to your page's code and markup it's next to unintelligible.

Worse is that your code is literally upside down. The stuff you want at the top (<h1>, etc.) is at the bottom, and the stuff you want at the bottom is above the <h1>. Now, through the magic of CSS all this code is rendered as you like it -- maybe. One must remember though that googlebot (and other SE bots) are basically "smart" text browsers. So they see your opening page somewhat like this:

Code:
                             Parking Lot Striping Alabama- Brand Striping

* Home
         * About
         * Services
         * Contact
         * Free Estimate
         * Latest Work
         * Picture Gallery

STRAIGHT AND TRUE, EVERY TIME.

Ask about our summer special!

We've been working hard! View a portfolio of our most recent work.

Fill out our information form to receive a personalized quote.

We specialize in all line striping services. Click to see how we can
       assist you.

Recent parking lot striping work

Parking lot striping

Free Parking Lot striping estimate

BRANDSTRIPING@GMAIL.COM

BRAND STRIPING SPECIALIZES IN ALL PARKING LOT STRIPING SERVICES AND
    CUSTOMIZED PATTERNS FOR YOUR PARKING LOT. BRAND STRIPING OFFERS NOT ONLY A
    PAINSTAKING ATTENTION TO DETAIL AND GREAT WORK, BUT ALSO COMPETITIVE parking
    lot striping PRICES AND THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE IN ALABAMA.

IFRAME:
       //www.facebook.com/plugins/likebox.php?locale=en_US&href=https://www.f
       acebook.com/brandstriping&width=292&height=240&show_faces=True&colorsc
       heme=light&stream=False&header=False&border_color=%23D8DFEA

BRAND STRIPING

alabama Parking lot striping

Copyright ? Brand Striping - Birmingham, AL Parking Lot Striping. All
       rights reserved.
       View on Mobile
    See where your <h1>BRAND STRIPING</h1> is? All the way at the bottom of the page. See where "BRANDSTRIPING" is? Above the "fold" in an e-mail address. Which do you think Google believes is the best/correct version -- even if they do turn it into all lowercase?

There's a LOT more wrong with the page; start with validating your code. I'm sure deathshadow will be along and tell you to junk the whole thing and start from scratch. In a way I believe that to be what you need to do. Your basic design is nice, although it could be rebuilt into a more fluid and elastic version that would render nicely across all devices, and window/screen sizes. Your biggest problem is using GoDaddy's WYSIWYG site builder. It's output, from a code, markup, and SEO perspective, is unfixable.

EDIT:
    This just strikes me as laugh-out-loud funny:
    Code:
    <span style="font-family: Aldrich; line-height: 32.400001525878906px; text-transform: uppercase;">​
    Apparently the Large Hadron Collider has started working with screen pixels! Seriously, accuracy down to less than a trillionth of a pixel?? That has to be sub-atomic! Hmm -- pixel fission.... Did Einstein predict that?
    Last edited by Kevin2; 07-23-2014 at 01:41 PM.

Alright so let's say I decide to start over. Do I go with a new editor / website builder that isn't GoDaddy? I have to use the same URL obviously, so is there a way to scrap the site and keep my URL?

I have very limited knowledge of this stuff, which is why I initially went with GoDaddy in the first place. It is extremely easy to build stuff without knowing html. Should I just hire someone?

Well. It depends. Are you willing to learn? Do you have time to learn? I ask both in all sincerity since it seems you're the business owner and there's a lot of demands on your time. After all, all those stripes have to be painted by someone!

Yes, you can keep your same domain name (URL). You'd just replace the existing pages with whatever new pages you (or someone) create. As much as it pains me to say it, Wordpress may be a good solution for you. There's a bit of a learning curve from what I've read (no experience), but no more than what you've probably already gone through. Supposedly, "Google loves Wordpress". Again, no experience.

If you really don't have the time -- and I completely understand that -- you could pay someone else to do it for you. Business expense, tax deductible. In fact whatever you've paid so far is tax deductible. Keep those receipts! Or, if you decide to go with a CMS such as Wordpress, you could pay someone to get it set up for you then do all the updates yourself.

On the other hand, a little patience here may yield amazing results. Just wait and someone (not me) may create a whole new page template for you to work with.

Thread Information