www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: I think I stuffed up? : )

I think I stuffed up? : )

Hey gang,

3-4 days ago I bought a domain name and hosting.. with a company called Crazy Domains.com.au... Its been just horrible... Trying to connect domain name to index.html has been a fail on so many levels .....

Ive tried mutiple emails, multiple phone calls.. no one has been able to help "Well call you back!".. they dont.. lol....

I had no idea I'd asked the impossible?....

my failed site www.mysandbox.info

You know when you ring tech support and ask.. "my first page needs to be called index.html, right?"... and the next thing you here, is someone bashing away on a keyboard??... You just realized your not speaking to tech support.. You're talking to a Yoga Instructor doing it hard trying to make ends meet!.. lol....

There no help?... Any chance any of you old crew could find 5mins?.. and I email you my login details and you have a quick look around?... would be so grateful

Cheers Tard

Where is your index.html HOSTED? If all you bought is a domain name, have you pointed it at a SERVER? Do you even HAVE a server? You don't "point it at a index.html", you point it at a server that then determines which file is to be sent.

TECHNICALLY unless it's your "master" host, you don't even point it at that server, you point the name at your or your hosting provider's nameservers, which then return the IP address of your server.
    Last edited by deathshadow; 07-23-2014 at 08:58 PM.
    Java is to JavaScript as Ham is to Hamburger.

Aww that cuts brother!.. Im stupid but not Forest Gump stupid!.. I can still do the rubik's in under 2mins!... I dare'd you $20 bucks see your admin inbox!

If you bought a package deal where you have the domain name and hosting together then your access information should be in a welcome email telling you how to log in to your cPanel and also give your ftp and mail settings.

Wooo, that was clever, I went to the .au site and it pushed me to the .co.uk site!

Anyway, me thinks you go to your crazy domains address, click on myAccount, then from the chosen Account Manager orHosting Manager, you need to select the hosting manager. Then see where that takes you.
    Yes, I know I'm about as subtle as being hit by a bus..(\\.\ Aug08)
    Yep... I say it like I see it, even if it is like a baseball bat in the nutz... (\\.\ Aug08)
    I want to leave this world the same way I came into it, Screaming, Incontinent & No memory!
    I laughed that hard I burst my colostomy bag... (\\.\ May03)
    Life for some is like a car accident... Mine is like a motorway pile up...

Problems with Vista? :: Getting Cryptic wid it. :: The 'C' word! :: Whois?

Hey BackSlash.. (I dont know I just like that, sounds bad as )...

Thanks for the advice.. No dude, part of my stuff up was Im now on a Windows Server.. Its not all bad, as I wanted a windows server to play with .asp & a linux server to play with .php...

So when I get this mess sorted out, I'll have to turn around and buy another domain name and hosting for linux....

So as its a windows server CrazyD have given me this "Parallels Panel" to use.. cPanel for windows and pretty much the same...

PP Home Page - Screen Shot

Problem is if I go into the "File Manager" section I get this?

File Manager - Screen Shot

ftp/FileZilla dont work either.. So its pretty clear my hosting space is completely disabled... and explains why my domain name is a dead link (maybe?)....

What do I do???... Ive been bugging CrazyDomains by email & phone for a week to look into it... NOTHING!

Thanks for the advice mate.. Even if nothing more than to let me vent : ) ty

Hey C-T:

I did a whois on mysandbox.info and there doesn't seem to be any any NameServers associated with the domain.

For example, it should look something similar to:
    Code:
    Name Server: NS1.YOURHOST.COM
    Name Server: NS2.YOURHOST.COM
    You should be able to log into your host/registrar site and change to whatever you have to replace YOURHOST.COM. As stated above, you should have gotten that information in a Welcome e-mail when you signed up for hosting.

EDIT:
    Check part of that. The NameServer is listed as
    Code:
    Name Server:WWW.MYSANDBOX.INFO
    which probably isn't correct.
    Last edited by Kevin2; 07-24-2014 at 08:16 PM.

And just cuz I like you :
    http://www.crazydomains.com/help/gen...gs/?redirect=0

Code:
    Windows Hosting Name Servers:	ns1.syrahost.com
    ns2.syrahost.com
    Last edited by Kevin2; 07-24-2014 at 08:45 PM.

Awww no!.. did I stuff up big time?... They were right here.. I deleted them and replaced them with my own

where ns1 & ns2 once were

What that not what I was supposed to do

Yaaaay!... Victory!... lol... Im such a dickhead... Big thanx Big Kev.. god knows how but you managed to reach me?!.. putting the nameservers back fixed everything...

Now Ive got to buzz CrayD's.. and take it like a man!... Ohh crap!...

I promise I will be very quiet and return to my "Shut up Newbie" corner.. Thank you guys for getting "me" not the website ... where I needed to be....

Im going.. Im going... one more Yaaaay!....

Haha!

Glad it got straightened out.

Good luck!

Thread Information