www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Newbie: How to start with website development????

Newbie: How to start with website development????

Hi,

I am new to website development, and planning to build one. could some please let me know from where to start? which technologies to study?
    which programming language to use?
    what framework support the language of your suggestion supports ?
    and what could be the possible time needed?

Please suggest something which could take less time and also offer rich support from framework and tools point of view and also scope for further extension of features and handling of user.

Thanks for your time and support.

Regards
    Share on Google+

The answer to your question is: whatever technology suits how you want to develop web sites. Traditionally you would learn HTML, CSS, JavaScript and PHP. These are the core technologies. But I guess that the years that it takes to master them may not suit you. If so, I'd suggest that you try WordPress. It is said to be easy for beginners to grasp, but is capable of building a wide range of sites.
    Share on Google+

Hi
    If you are in learning stage start with the HTML, It is easy also and helps you.You can learn through the w3 schools which are leader in coding part, then you can move to other sections like java script.
    Share on Google+

What technologies to choose?, totally depends upon you. You can go for HTML, CSS, JS, PHP & so on. Or you could go for ASP.net, C# ("Drag & Drop Method" html, css, etc are still required but optional). But remember the more technologies you learn, you develop a better website.
    Share on Google+

If it's building websites you're trying to do then I'd recommend starting off by learning HTML/CSS - the building blocks of any website.

Next, you can either go down the Javascript route to enhance your website or you can move onto some server side code, of which, I believe PHP to be the easiest to grasp.

As you become more competent, new technologies will become easier to pick up and you'll see alot of similarities in lots of different languages.

Personally, I find videos or podcasts the easier to learn with - normally trying to follow along whilst watching/listening but there are infinite resources around online.
    Share on Google+

Is it your very first experience?

If yes then try w3cschools for learning programming languages.
    Share on Google+

First of all to begin with any programming language you have to get your basics about Object oriented programming right. For website development HTML is very important. You could choose any platform after that and build your website.
    In the practice of tolerance, one's enemy is the best teacher.

Software and Web development
    Share on Google+

Start with a basic html language you can learn through w3cschools.
    Share on Google+

Modern websites are built using a variety of technologies. The exact technologies that are used vary depending on what the business needs are. A business that just needs to display basic things like contact information for customers might have a website built in just HTML. Below is a basic outline to get you started.

HTML is used on essentially every website; if you are serious about getting in to web development, learn this first.

CSS stands for cascading style sheets. These are used to add a consistent style to web pages.

Javascript is a popular scripting language for websites that most web developers know.

Java is a programming language that can be used to build applets (applications that run in a browser window) or desktop applications.

PHP is for dynamic website content (like a forum). Often, a content management solution that has been written in PHP is used rather than just starting from scratch. If this is what you are interested in, check out Joomla. A variety of extensions exist for Joomla that add features like forums and online shopping functionality easily.

ASP.NET is a web solution from Microsoft. I've never used it, so I can't tell you much about it.

Adobe Flash is the technology that powers Youtube and many simple online games.

Silverlight in Microsoft's answer to Adobe's Flash product. Last I checked, the penetration for Silverlight is much lower than Flash, but it does have features that appeal to some businesses.

Which of these technologies you learn is really dependent upon what you need to do. Best of luck to you!
    Share on Google+

Thread Information