www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Why is ecommerce development so expensive?

Hybrid View

Why is ecommerce development so expensive?

For someone who has no IT background and who wants to develop the site through a second party...?

It seems like a budget of roughly 50k is needed. Why??

Hey El,

Ive looked into this myself lately .. Im my limited understanding!.... I found most quoted around 8-16k but of course this would greatly depend on the complexity of the site itself.... I saw quotes of up to 120-125k if you were serious about building some kind of skeleton/basic eBay structure....

I saw some budget methods 4-5k.. Where you have the whole shopping cart structure and data collection done at your site.. then at closing payment time.. transfer to something like Pay Pal to take care of all the financial's... having built a business structure/Acc with them!... Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Code-tard View Post
    Hey El,

Ive looked into this myself lately .. Im my limited understanding!.... I found most quoted around 8-16k but of course this would greatly depend on the complexity of the site itself.... I saw quotes of up to 120-125k if you were serious about building some kind of skeleton/basic eBay structure....

I saw some budget methods 4-5k.. Where you have the whole shopping cart structure and data collection done at your site.. then at closing payment time.. transfer to something like Pay Pal to take care of all the financial's... having built a business structure/Acc with them!... Luck!
    How do you send PMs on the site?

Anyway thanks for you reply. It's really interesting. Can you tell me more about these small budget methods?

Ecommerce sites have a lot of moving parts and third-party vendors.

Thread Information