www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: ip address

ip address

actually one site has banned my ip address how to resolve this problem

No doubt you've heard the term "IP address." Unless you're a techie, though, you may not have more than a shadowy notion of what an IP address actually is or how it works. Let's explore the concept.An IP address is a fascinating product of modern computer technology designed to allow one computer (or other digital device) to communicate with another via the Internet.

Well if you've been spamming links like you tried to (and got blocked) in your signature, or done other spam-like activities that are basically gaming the system... why did you get banned again? I mean, you've had what, a half dozen similar posts about things like Google listings and so forth?

Might be time for that good hard look in the mirror.
    Java is to JavaScript as Ham is to Hamburger.

Quote Originally Posted by omthavertch View Post
    actually one site has banned my ip address how to resolve this problem
    If any of the website such as forum site could blocked your ip address means,then you can not use again that website in the same ip address.So you should need the new ip address to access the website.

Quote Originally Posted by kpkarthik View Post
    If any of the website such as forum site could blocked your ip address means,then you can not use again that website in the same ip address.So you should need the new ip address to access the website.
    No! He needs to stop spamming sites! Otherwise his new IP will quickly be blocked as well...

So I'll take this opportunity to remind members that there are some activities, such as posts blatantly advertising products and services, that are likely to be deleted out of hand. These may result in an immediate ban. However, there are also a number of types of posts that add little or no value to the site:

a) Posts raising questions that you could easily find the answer to by searching the web.

b) Posts saying "I agree with so-and-so" that do not add additional comment.

c) Generally any posts that simply repeat what has already been said by others.

Such posts may be legitimate, if they form only a minority of your posts. So there is no blanket ban on them. However, where such posts form the majority of the posts made by an individual this is liable to be interpreted as spam. Repeated spamming may lead to a ban.

So, before you raise a thread, please search the internet, and this site, for the answer to your problem. Similarly, before replying to a question, please read the thread to see what has already been said. Doing so may help us to maximize the value of the site to both the members and visitors.

Common problem with shared servers, you get one asshole spamming and suddenly several or more sites have problems.

One thing to do is complain to the web host and get the IP address changed and have them monitor the server activity.

Chances are the site blocking has blocked more than just your site, most blocking systems I have seen take the last two octets as the block range of a specific ip block, this is over the top, your server might have an IP address of 123.213.132.231 and someone in IP address 123.213.132.200 may be spamming a server and that servers response is to block 123.213.*.* range.

Your first port of call should be the website concerned, the blocking may be automatic and the owner might be able to make an exemption to your specific IP address, if that doesn't work then your next port of call is your web host in resolving this problem.
    Yes, I know I'm about as subtle as being hit by a bus..(\\.\ Aug08)
    Yep... I say it like I see it, even if it is like a baseball bat in the nutz... (\\.\ Aug08)
    I want to leave this world the same way I came into it, Screaming, Incontinent & No memory!
    I laughed that hard I burst my colostomy bag... (\\.\ May03)
    Life for some is like a car accident... Mine is like a motorway pile up...

Problems with Vista? :: Getting Cryptic wid it. :: The 'C' word! :: Whois?

Thread Information