dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PHP Mailer Script

Great, thanks.

Anyone have any idea what the issue could be?
    I have used this combination on another project and it worked flawlessly, but can't seem to figure out what is causing this issue.

Thank you in advance for any input.

-S

Ok, I will have a look, I have skimmed it and noted a couple of things and I will have a play around with your script to see what improvements can be made.

I would suggest that you do make some changes to your HTML, namely the radio set you use for the co-applicant,

1. use the same name for the set
    2. set the value tag
    3. default check the no button for the co-applicant
    4. use CSS to hide the co-applicant information until the radio set option for yes is selected

I was going to suggest that you split the page in to two separate forms, it might be better option, will have to have a play with that to see if that works out as a simpler option.

I have also rewritten the mail.php script, going to improve the rewrite, problem is your web server and if it allows emails to be sent directly or if you have to send emails via a legitimate email account... only you can tell us that information and make the required changes to the email script you have.
    Yes, I know I'm about as subtle as being hit by a bus..(\\.\ Aug08)
    Yep... I say it like I see it, even if it is like a baseball bat in the nutz... (\\.\ Aug08)
    I want to leave this world the same way I came into it, Screaming, Incontinent & No memory!
    I laughed that hard I burst my colostomy bag... (\\.\ May03)
    Life for some is like a car accident... Mine is like a motorway pile up...

Problems with Vista? :: Getting Cryptic wid it. :: The 'C' word! :: Whois?

Do you really have a css class named 'label' or one called 'input'? If you don't this code is full of crap. Plus you have an input tag with no name and no value clause. What good it that doing you?

I'm assuming that you don't know how to code html and that you got this from somewhere. I think you should start over and design your own form - after you read up on how it's supposed to be done.

Yeah - I'm being tough but you have no idea how bizarre this code is.

Few observations,

You can't just have <input type="text">

You have to have a name, type and value tag set

Various spelling mistakes like closing tags </labe>

Duplicate tags
    HTML Code:
    <label class="input">
    <label class="input"><i class="icon-prepend fa fa-dollar"></i>
        <input type="text">
    </label>
    You also need to use formatting (indentation) to make your code blocks more readable.
    Yep... I say it like I see it, even if it is like a baseball bat in the nutz... (\\.\ Aug08)
    I want to leave this world the same way I came into it, Screaming, Incontinent & No memory!

\\.\ – Thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate your input and will make these changes.

ginerjm – yes i did inherit this code from a previous employee. I was just trying to avoid having to re-write all the html js and php files (it showed me...)
    I never claimed to be an expert, hence why I came here looking for help. Even if you didn't like what you saw (in the code) and refused to help, I truly do appreciate your time. Hey noobs gotta start somewhere.

-S
    Last edited by Sribeiro; 08-10-2014 at 12:08 AM.

@Sribeiro - sent you a PM nearly 4 days ago, not had a response so I figure that you have your issue sorted out.

Thread Information