www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Hello world! This is Mohamed from Egypt. Please may you guide me?

Question Hello world! This is Mohamed from Egypt. Please may you guide me?

Hello every one.
    I am Mohamed from Egypt, Cairo.
    I am starting my career with web development.
    I am afraid that I so not have any programming background.
    I would like to learn, and it will be a self learning in my own using ebooks and youtube.
    I've searched here and there and feel like lost in the ocean for what to do and what to do not.
    What I've ended up with so far:- (please forgive me if there is any mistakes or stupid things because I am still starting).

- I've realized that I am very interested with web development over or compared to application or desktop software development.
    - My main problem is determine the exact source to follow because I am like the one who collect a flower from each different garden.
    - I think I will go through the php track and not python or .net.
    - I was able to determine titles without details and this the reason I am asking here to ask details.
    - I've summarized what I've so far:-

1.learn basic html.

2.learn basic css.

3.learn basic php.

4.there is something titled object oriented programming and analysis and design (I do not exactly understand it) that I should understand.

5.learn java script and ajax ... really do not know what is it.

6.using something titled frame work ( I am confused with this term, does this mean using a client like zend or net-beans or SublimeText2 to create php project from a-to-z or to use something like WordPress and customize it? really do not know the exact meaning.

7.database like mysql.

This is what I've ended with so far by goggling here and there for several weeks.
    Please accept my apologize if I've missed something or said anything irrelevant to web development subject.
    So now my problem is determine the source for learning these things.
    1st I've thought about using text books from universities like deitel ...etc, then I thought about using YouTube playlists for guys who explain basics ...etc but really can not build a plan or layout for best understanding in a cumulative way.
    So please may you guide me?
    I've about 3-4 hours a day for the next 7 months dedicated for learning, and I am really a self learner and very interested to do so as I am enjoying web development a lot and would like to go through this career bath.

Learn :

HTML

JavaScript and don't confuse JQuery or other widgets for JavaScript

CSS

PHP or ASP

MySQL or similar databases

If supported URL Rewriting

The reasoning for that order is as follows...

HTML & JavaScript work together, you can do many of the things that CSS took over, so understanding how JavaScript and HTML work together is a good start and you can learn how AJAX plays a part in giving some level of help with accessing a serverside, it is at this point you may skip to PHP then learn that before CSS.

Learn CSS so you are then removing the need for JavaScript to manipulate style elements

Learn a serverside, the most popular is PHP but others exist like ASP which is the alternative to PHP.

MySQL or a similar database system that works with the serverside in question, PHP and MySQL work well together like HTML & JavaScript...

Server management with URL rewriting is a bonus.
    Yes, I know I'm about as subtle as being hit by a bus..(\\.\ Aug08)
    Yep... I say it like I see it, even if it is like a baseball bat in the nutz... (\\.\ Aug08)
    I want to leave this world the same way I came into it, Screaming, Incontinent & No memory!
    I laughed that hard I burst my colostomy bag... (\\.\ May03)
    Life for some is like a car accident... Mine is like a motorway pile up...

Problems with Vista? :: Getting Cryptic wid it. :: The 'C' word! :: Whois?

As said by \\.\ you'll need to follow this progression:
    --> HTML --> CSS --> Javascript --> Vbscript/ASP/SQL (almost the same programming syntax in order to manage a database and dynamic web queries).

I suggest to start from the best online school ever:
    www.w3schools.com

I would disagree with //./ about learning JavaScript before CSS. That is a recipe for "JS with everything" coding which leads to over-reliance on JS frameworks to do what can already be done, and more efficiently, in CSS. Learn HTML and CSS PROPERLY before touching JS. Indeed I would put learning how to use PHP include files ahead of touching JS, because they have a massive impact on the structure, efficiency and maintainability of sites. Essentially, your site should work without JavaScript.

Thread Information