www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Hello Just A Quick and Rush Question!

Hello Just A Quick and Rush Question!

Hello. I'm trying to find out how to do this: http://novembro.net/es/video/piernas

The link redirects you to a fullscreen video website. What I want to know is how to add what seems to be some kind of filter "ON" the video.Or at least I want to know how it's called so I can google it. I don't know what to type exactly in the search engine and if I type "video filter" thousands of results are displayed.

If you zoom in, there are some kind of gray/black squares on the video. If anyone can tell me / teach me what it is, I'll appreciate it. Thanks!

I'm not sure what you are asking. The visible dots are the pixels of the graphic image which is magnified to fill the screen. That looks to me like a GIF format animation, as opposed to MPEG video, which gets blurry when magnified.

Oops wrong. Well it could have been done with GIF but its actually a small transparent PNG image of pixel-sized dots repeated horizontally and vertically which is overlaid on the video to give the raster effect.
    Last edited by jedaisoul; 08-18-2014 at 05:03 PM.

Sorry for the very late reply jedaisoul and yes you are correct! "Raster Effect" is the term that I've been looking for, since I don't know what it's called. Now I can search for tutorials on how to apply this on my website images or videos or background. A png image of dots repeated horizontally and vertically then overlaying it above a video or image can work too! Thanks a bunch!

Thread Information