www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Cocatenation of BAR CODE

Cocatenation of BAR CODE

How to combine 4 shopping bar code coupons into single coupon in "php"?

Well, that depends on how you are generating/providing one bar code, I guess?
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

i want to generate such barcode that will search all barcode available in database

Um, that last pot does not make sense, at least not to me. How can a bar code search a database?

In any case, we do not write your app for you (well, not for free!). You need to put together some code and tell us what is wrong with it. We may then be able to help you improve it or just get it working...

I have 4 coupons with upc-8 bar code image, now i want to make a master bar code image by including all the four coupons i.e. when bar code scanner reads that master bar code image , then read all the 4 coupons. is it possible in php or not

Quote Originally Posted by satyateapoy View Post
    I have 4 coupons with upc-8 bar code image, now i want to make a master bar code image by including all the four coupons i.e. when bar code scanner reads that master bar code image , then read all the 4 coupons. is it possible in php or not
    If it's possible for coupons to be combined, it's possible to be combined in PHP.
    How to do it in PHP is just a matter of implementation.
    They real question is does the bar code standard have an implementation for this? I did a quick Google and couldn't find anything on it so I'm taking a guess it's not possible in any programming language since it appears not to have any standard implementation methods.

A bar code of that sort is just a graphic representation of a series of numbers, so a single EAN-8 bar code might represent product code "12345678" (and it can only represent 8 digits). If you wanted to "concatenate" that bar code with one for "98765432", there is no way for an EAN-8 bar code to represent "1234567898765432", so I'm not really sure what you want to do? You could print both bar codes on the coupon, but I have no idea how a scanner would treat two different codes being scanned almost simultaneously.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Thread Information