dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dynamic Fields js/php to MySql need to submit dynamically to the database

You are absolutely correct here for the dynamic function to work with for table embedded within. My original reflects this way, sorry for that, again was a syntax error from something else I was working with and partially stripped out, I know it's not right. Thanks for pointing that out and for anybody who encroaches upon this working on dynamic fields-is explained well now.

In the future it would behoove you to be sure that the code you post is THE CODE YOU ARE EXECUTING. Way too many times people post stuff by re-typing it from something that they ran and end up apologizing after multiple people, attempting to help, have wasted their time on the wrong code.

As for your problem - where do you stand now?

I want to thank all of you for your help. ginerjm I again retract and appreciate your time and effort. It is good to actually have forum where replies are not just insults as I originally thought yours was, and I am sure newbs can attest to that. I tend to shy way from help b/c of that, yet this forum you all very helpful.

The code above
    ('Error: ' . mysql_error());
    //******NEW
    if (!$query) { <---ADDED A BRACKET
    echo ''error"; <---ADDED
    }
    //******NEW
    exit();
    }

I guess that means your problems have been solved.

Quote Originally Posted by ginerjm View Post

With the help of jediasoul you should be well on your way to fixing your dilemma. Too bad he spoiled your chance at actually doing some learning.

Good luck!

BTW - Apology accepted!
    Yes, apology and thanks very much!

This was my first post ever. I really thought I could go back and edit the original post, after I realized the mistakes. I will take your advice and pay more attention. I think I have got it working, it seems to work with modified #13. Will let you know if have more issues, going back to bigger code to implement in and see what happens.

It's not a question of paying more attention. It is simply having a procedure to paste the relevant code from your latest test attempt to the forum and not trying to "recreate the wheel" for us and thereby possibly introducing changes that you haven't actually run.

I hope you meant post #14, not 13

Actually,

"I hope you meant post #14, not 13" Both helped and yes, is corrected. For anyone working on dynamic input, here is a good source for you I have good JQuery holder with this too, if you want, just email me. Thanks again to you moderators for your help in this journey!

Thread Information