dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Best VideoScipt for Wordpress - Need some help.

Best VideoScipt for Wordpress - Need some help.

Hi!

This is my first post at this forum! So first I want to say Hello to everyone! (Don't know if are some area where I can introduce myself).

So let's start:

- I have a project, a VideoSharing web based service. But unfortunately i don't have the knowledge to create all the project from the beginning.

At this point, I have a hosting service (VPS) with a provisory domain (i can't find at this moment the best name for the service, because all the names are currently registed).

It's a basic service, to project the final result, but i need to test it and see if all is working properly before public launch, so I have a long journey until the final project.

At this moment I'm using an CMS to integrate the "script", it's Wordpress.

I need you're help to find the best VideoSharing script to use alongside Wordpress. Actually I see many, but can't decide which use.

At this first stage I need to control everything at the backstage.

- Need to specify the maximum time of the uploaded video (not the size but the running time);
    - Need to have voting system (Like or Dislike) for each video, that realizes one number based on the votes, eg, a scale from 0 to 10;
    - The player needs to show the video using HTLM5, not Flash or Silverlight;
    - Need security, may not be a direct possibility of suffering an attack that eliminates data server (Okay, I understand that this point can be complicated to ensure);

I have much more to say but to start I think that is the basic.

Based on this info, wich VideoSharing script is better? This is the question.

To explain:

The VideoSharing is not a new thing on the market, i know that!

The idea behind this project is the core of utility to the user.

I can't patent an idea, so this is a problem, because anyone can copy the main idea, and build a better product, so legally I don't know what I can do :/

I have an instutional investor that like the idea, but I only receive the money after prove the potencial of the service. With real numbers, not virtual spectations.

Based on this, someone can help me? Give some advice... I know that nobody have an obligation to help me.

To finish, sorry for the bad English

Thanks!

You are reinventing the wheel.

the number of sites doing this service are 10 a penny. You would be better off making a site where people can embed their youtube, vimeo, bambuser videos and have your comments, likes and dislikes, etc.
    If your post falls off the page, bump it. ...
    Please remember to wrap any code you have in forum tags:-

[CODE]...[/CODE] [HTML]...[/HTML] [PHP]...[/PHP]

If you can't think outside the box, you will be trapped forever with no escape...

Quote Originally Posted by \\.\ View Post
    You are reinventing the wheel.

the number of sites doing this service are 10 a penny. You would be better off making a site where people can embed their youtube, vimeo, bambuser videos and have your comments, likes and dislikes, etc.
    Hi!

Thank you for you're help.

Like I said, i know that the videosharing web portal it's not a new idea, the idea itself is everything but really is not new on the market. I think that at this point everyone agree.

I see 2 pros with the advisement that you give to me:

- People don't need to do the upload to my service, so can use services really realiable and very known in any part of globe;

- If they insert/share the link from the original location of the video i don't really need to ensure the same bandwitch that i need if the media streaming have a source from "my" service.

I understant that is the most realible solution from the technical and financial (short/medium term) that i can get. And I really apreciate you're sugetion!

The main problem of this, is the legal point ... When we sign a service, usually we need to accept and agreement, so if I change the agreement to the upload user the project itself from the legal and conjectural point, I lost any possibility to ensure what was planned. I mean, with this change the core idea from legal point is completely lost.

So, there are some middle option between the original idea and you're idea (relative to the media upload)?

I don't know if I explain from the better perspective, :/

Thanks!

Regards.

Thread Information