www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: best image editor for web development?

best image editor for web development?

we all use photoshop during web development. is there a better software? i have still haven't learnt to use photoshop so i want to know if any better than photoshop is available so that i can learn the better one rather than learning photoshop first and than going for the better.

Free editors: http://www.techradar.com/news/softwa...ld-try-1135489

People rave about GIMP but having used it myself I don't rate it as one of the best as it has some elements of processing that really don't match its function name like one of the resize functions only resizes the image and not the canvas it is part of... really dumb.

I use Irfanview allot for image processing, it really does make the smallest size images in file size which is important to web viewing and load times.
    Yes, I know I'm about as subtle as being hit by a bus..(\\.\ Aug08)
    Yep... I say it like I see it, even if it is like a baseball bat in the nutz... (\\.\ Aug08)
    I want to leave this world the same way I came into it, Screaming, Incontinent & No memory!
    I laughed that hard I burst my colostomy bag... (\\.\ May03)
    Life for some is like a car accident... Mine is like a motorway pile up...

Problems with Vista? :: Getting Cryptic wid it. :: The 'C' word! :: Whois?

hey thanks a lot for the useful information

Photoshop or illustrator both awesome image editing softwares.

Pixlr is a very robust, Flash-based image editor that shares a similar user interface to Adobe Photoshop. The Pixlr API – which is still in its early stages of development – opens up possibilities of mash-ups an integration of Pixlr into your blog, web application, or website. It has a smart Wand tool to help you automatically select similar and adjacent pixels (which is equivalent to Photoshop’s Magic Wand tool).

Photoshop and firework, i think are the the best for now

Yes sometimes we need to edit images because of large or maybe medium sizes.

Photoshop or illustrator will be good for image editing.

I also use Irfanview for most of my image processing. It's an excellent tool and ... it's free!

Fireworks is Adobe’s image editing software for the web designers. It excels in several areas over its big brother Photoshop, namely in high-fidelity prototyping of sites and a workspace environment that’s optimized for web designers. It is also a raster and vector hybrid, being able to work with raster-based images and vector-based graphics better and more symbiotically than Photoshop.

Surely Photoshop.

Quote Originally Posted by giraffedev View Post
    Surely Photoshop.
    Photoshop for web development??? Do you understand what is web development?

Quote Originally Posted by alexdeef View Post
    Photoshop for web development??? Do you understand what is web development?
    The question was "best image editor for web development?" and I would answer something similar, i.e. Photoshop is really a top notch professional tool for the job. How is this in any way a wrong answer?

Quote Originally Posted by tracknut View Post
    The question was "best image editor for web development?" and I would answer something similar, i.e. Photoshop is really a top notch professional tool for the job. How is this in any way a wrong answer?
    Dayum.That's what I was thinking when I wrote the post.I am pretty much a front-end developer.Most of what I do while image editing is photoshop.

Thread Information