www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Website User Interface Like Tablet and/or Smartphone Apps Functions?

Website User Interface Like Tablet and/or Smartphone Apps Functions?

Wondering if anyone can show me an example of a website that allows a user interface that is similar to the screen/s of a Tablet or Smartphone screen. By this I mean it allows the user to add website function "apps" to the page and add, remove, move them around and arrange them as they like?
    Chosen apps on the user interface would allow the user to access various web functions.

Anyone know of a site/s like this? Any open source for this sort of thing?

I don't know of such a functionality, nor do I think it feasible, but my main problem with the OP is why on Earth would a user want that functionality on a web site??? And if no one would want it, why bother with it???

Quote Originally Posted by jedaisoul View Post
    I don't know of such a functionality, nor do I think it feasible, but my main problem with the OP is why on Earth would a user want that functionality on a web site??? And if no one would want it, why bother with it???

The idea is meant to allow a user of the site more control of various aspects of the site. In other words, the user would be able to sign into their account and via their user page add and arrange "apps" that are basically direct links to various site functions. This gives the user the ability to have a custom home page that puts their favorite or necessary site functions at their finger tips.

You could, in PHP, configure the links available on the screen. I'm not sure whether you could arrange the layout of the links dynamically though.

Quote Originally Posted by jedaisoul View Post
    You could, in PHP, configure the links available on the screen. I'm not sure whether you could arrange the layout of the links dynamically though.

Interesting! Okay, I might then try to get more information through a PHP developer thread and see what they can tell me.
    Thanks!

Yes it functions works fine for me. don't find any problem while using apps on website.

Quote Originally Posted by hudafaeq View Post
    Yes it functions works fine for me. don't find any problem while using apps on website.
    Are you saying you know of a site that has an user interface with apps? Can you reference the site here?

Thread Information