www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: How are you using the web to find new clients?

How are you using the web to find new clients?

What kind of internet marketing tools are you guys using to find perspective clients? Is there anything in particular that's actually generating leads?

Network to local businesses, do not try to sell your services until you establish yourself as a professional. Try networking events or social networking sites such as linkedin or twitter. Also set up a portfolio / website. Other than this I sometimes get clients on freelancer. However the earning potential there is usually low, so I try to avoid it.

The most effective way for lead generation on the Internet is Search Engine Optimization, through it you can boost up the traffic on your website.

Have you considered making the most of social media to land clients?

I'm currently working for a startup called needls.com, which is a new lead generation tool that scours Twitter and Facebook to deliver real time leads to small business owners, entrepreneurs and independent professionals.

You define your list of targeted keywords (industry related) and needls finds you leads based on your specified geographic area. Here's an explainer video: http://vimeo.com/104688087

We're getting ready to launch in about 2 weeks time and right now we're focusing on building up our membership with free accounts. If you'd like to test it out just let me know or visit needls.com.

Thread Information