www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free Website/pagebuilder?

Free Website/pagebuilder?

Do ya know one???
    ~Clem~

The cheapest and the best program is Wordpad but if you would like to have program like macromedia I beleave that you will have to pay for it.

I thik that you should take wordpad and try to write valid code. This is I believe the best method!
    "There are only two forces in the world, the sword and the spirit. In the long run the sword will always be coquered by the spirit!" Napoleon Bonaparte

that's not what im talking about though, i want one where you can just drag the things around.
    ~Clem~

html kit
    its free, but imo better than word pad because of its many features

sorry

i dont believe many of these type of programs are any good.

if you sign up for many of the free web hosts like freewebs or geocities (i think) they offer free wysiwyg site builders

you could also look
    here

There are free editors out there that let you drag things around.. I totally do not reccomend this though! You will never get things to look the way you want, The code it will create for you will be horrible, your site will look horribly unproffesional... it's better just to learn html, its super-easy.... Just take a little time to learn it. You'll end up spending more time fighting your drag and drop editor than it will take you to learn basic html and code it by hand.

fine, i need like premade codes though, do you know a site with scripts for basic things?
    ~Clem~

A series of tubes known as the "internets"
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it is too dark to read." - Mark Twain

The United States Site: http://kellyj.t35.com
    i still believe that the only way to ever learn and get things right effieciently are to use the editors, such as Notepad or Wordpad. I actually prefer Notepad because its a smaller program and it allows you to turn off wrapping words, which can become a problem.

i started off on NotePad.

i don't reccomend word pad as it is not really good for coding. it is more aimed at Word Proccessing not raw coding.

i moved onto dreamweaver because i to wanted to be able to see what i was doing. so i would reccomend investing in at least a demo of Macromedia Dreamweaver MX. AS it gets you there with out constructing such horrible code like Microsoft FrontPage.

You can also use the FTP get/put options. After you have learnt a little basic html/css then move on and then switch to the coding view and you will be able to construct your own code from scratch.

try that...
    More of a journal than a blog.

Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
    GMail | Mezzoblue | 1976 Design | Zeldman | Justwatchthesky | Jon Hicks | Airbag | All In The Head

Originally posted by davidbrent
    <snip />
    i moved onto dreamweaver because i to wanted to be able to see what i was doing.<snip/>
    The "refresh" button on your browser did not work???
    Vladdy

Working web site is not the one that looks the same in a few graphical browsers, but the one that adequately delivers its content to any device accessing it.

try cute html editor, it is a HTML program were you write the code like wordpad but it is color coded ect
    MoDIfIeR_GuY

Http://www.xmodcentral.netfirms.com

Http://www.modfreaks.web1000.com

It's funny, i have macromedia Studio MX 2004, but i found that I recoded most of my website in notepad because it was quicker.

Only one more site to go and I will have both of my sites standard compliant and w3 validated.

I use Homesite -- it costs around 90 bucks, though.
    Thousand different paths
    So many sterile ends
    I chose the Devil's path

Never shall the sun kiss my face
    And caress me with it's burning light
    For I dwell in the shadows
    And sleep side by side with death

Hey!

Question.

I have over 9000 images and I would like just a simple site to display said images. I could go through and individually tag each image, but who has that kind of time?

Any recommendations?

I don't need the layout of the pages to be extravagant...I just want my images displayed.

Thanks!

(Oh, I already have my own domain name and hosting, so geocities, etc. wouldn't work for me...thanks!)
    Last edited by Homeskillet; 08-30-2004 at 06:51 PM.

Thread Information