dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Check out my C program.

Check out my C program.

This is a game which i recently wrote in C. Test it out and see if it can crash on you...

It seems to work fine and with only minor bugs on my windows XP, P4 machine.

Its got over 1200 lines of source. I have included the source code, so if your interested in C programming, take a look

C in hardware specific, so if it does happen to work on your machine, tell me what you think!

Finally, dont expect nothing fancy on the front-end.. C is a medium-level programming language so a User Interface isnt such an important thing.

Regards,
    Andrew Buntine.

EDIT: Do not download this archive. Download the one at the botom of the thread, its the new version.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by buntine; 03-22-2004 at 08:58 AM.

very nice program, just out of curiosity though, why not use a vector as your deck object? That's what I've always done because you can easily add/remove elements (Granted, I've only done this in Java) But I'd imagine C is similar

Thanks.

Vectors arent included in C programming as it is procedural opposed to object oriented.

Using a DAT file to store the cards seemed an easy option. I should have used a binary file, though.

Ah, I didn't realize C didn't support them. C++ does, correct?

Yer, it sure does.

cool, I really need to learn some c/c++... java just isn't powerful enough for me...

Java not powerful enough??

Java is capable of wonderful things! Though, C++ is arguably more powerful...

We are currently writing applications which control robots from a web interface Pretty powerful stuff, buddy.

Regards.

but as you said, c++ is arguably more powerful, especially when working in the 3d realms...

True dat.

I tried to play the game but after entering the number of chips to bet with, the program just crashed.....That wasn't supposed to happen was it

okay....never mind....I was running it from within the zip folder but when i unziped it to my desktop....it worked fine

cool

Thats the old version now.. I have made it way better. You can save your game and then load it up later.

The gameplay is better now, too!

Regards.

You tease! where's the attachment?

Im at college now. I will attach a copy after i have finished debugging tonight

Watch out! Its going to take the world by storm!!

Ok, this is the new version It retails for about $1,200 per copy. I accept cash only!

I have added a few pointless things like the ability to save and load games. It also looks a bit cooler now and the gameplay is smoother.

Extract the files into a directory of your choosing and then run the exe file. I have included the source code for people who would like to check it out.

Regards,
    Andrew Buntine.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information