www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Data Replication in SQL Server 2000

Data Replication in SQL Server 2000

Hi all,

Can any one plz tell me how this Data replication is done from a remote SQL Server to the local SQL Server.
    Info or any related web site would of great help.

shanuragu

from where? I am assumeing you want a script to move data from one to the other, but with an asp script, vb, or what?

PeOfEo
    I just want to transfer data (ie, keep a back up of a db) from one SQL server to another (different machine or from a remote server)and also to a text file. It is better if I can do it with VB or ASP. Is it possibel to write a stored procedure for the same?? I am not femiliar with it at all. Hope its clear for u

Plz help

I have never tried it, but you could just update both sql servers at one time each time you get a new user. Just write duplicate sql statements but have two data base connections, one the local server, the other the remote. That would be one possible way, since you can update remote data bases and access them (sql server that is) because you communicate over a certain port you set in your statement. The only downside is this would require the other server to be running full time. You could have a vbprogram that uses winsock + ado to move the records and have it run on server startup and have a timer going to do the updateing or whatever but it would not be the most up to date info, might be a day old or so at any given time.

I just want to keep a back of a database on some other machine. It is notthing but data replication in SQL server. Any useful info/web liks about this.

shanuragu

Thread Information