dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Links forum?

Links forum?

What about a links forum where moderators and admins can post links to usfull sites? It would be like a place for members to go look before posting a question. You could put links in there to webdevfaqs and hotscripts and stuff like that so the member could try every possibility before asking a question. I think that would help to limit the amount of double posts here.

What do you guys think?

Adding a whole new forum for such a small thing probably isnt the the best idea. I would say a sticky thread in one of the forums would be enough.

Though, i do agree, this would be beneficial.

This is right along the line of what I was just about to suggest; a forum to post useful bits of code, etc. Instead of having to search the forums (this has almost never been of any use when I tried it) for something you remember seeing a week or two before, you could access one forum. Maybe the code or site link could be submitted to the moderators for approval, and they would then put up the link. General posting could be disabled, if needed.

Also, I suspect it wouldn't be a small forum for long.

The United States Site: http://kellyj.t35.com
    in my opinion, i answer the same questions 5 times a day, it doesn't appear that any "newbee," and i quote, searches the forums for the same things anyway, which would lead me to believe they wouldn't look into a sticky thread also.

Well perhaps the admins could make it a requirement at sign-up. So they have to look their before they can start posting elsewhere. Even if the requirement was for a just a second because then they would have nothing to complain about because if they did it right they would have probably seen their answer in that forum.

Thread Information