dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: is it possible to install apk file from personal website?

Red face is it possible to install apk file from personal website?

Hi! I'am making a website that offers apk file that can be downloaded. Is it possible to install the apk file directly to phone from my website when clicking the install button without any market? if yes, how? is that possible in PHP?

thanks

I think you need to add the code: <a href="path to my .apk file">link</a>.

Remember that your Android users also have to enable instaling application from sources other than appstores in their phone settings.

yes you can add apk file from website you just need to read latest documention about android studio they almost have all things you need. I have done many of my project by just getting help from that dcumentation.
    source - http://apktwister.com/

yes,it is possible to install apk file from personal website. Change the settings to support 3rd party installations.Practically when you try to install a 3rd party app, first MIUI is trying to install it from Mi market but if it's not connecting then it will install locally. That's why you need to cut off your Internet connection, in order to work. In case not working, try it again, maybe a few times. It could be due to the timing of you starting the download and turning off wifi and data not first enough.

Yes, it is possible to install apk file. To install apk file follow steps mentioned below.

1. Go to an APK download website.
    2. Download an APK.
    3. Tap the arrow.
    4. Tap the app’s APK file name.
    5. Install the app.
    6. Run the app.

I'm looking for a sample web page (html code) with a link that will install an apk file directly on my phone by clicking on the link.

I think you need to give a Download link to the APK file.
    Suppose i go to your website and you mentioned a xyz.apk file with Download link. Once i click on it and file is downloaded in my phone. Then, i need to simply click on the install button. thanks

I can not do it. You just can provide apps to download to android phones, after that install these apps (it's only available if you allow your phone can install 3rd apps). If you want to do things like you said at this thread, you need to create an app like Google Play

I managed to make it work by adding ob_end_flush()

header('Content-Type: application/vnd.android.package-archive');
    header("Content-length: " . filesize($file_path));
    header('Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="' . $file_name . '"');
    ob_end_flush();
    readfile($file_path);
    return true;

I hope it would be helpful for you.

Thread Information