dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: div tag used to create a scrolling box

div tag used to create a scrolling box

hi,
    instead of using a frameset to product a scrolling box inside a page, I want to use a div tag, which I heard is easier, can anyone quickly tell me how this is done, or post some code that produces what I want,
    thanks a lot

what exactly do you want to do? A DIV tag is a container for HTML tags... you can insert text but also images, inputs and other stuff. With the overflow (see http://msdn.microsoft.com/librabry) attribute you can say that there must be scrollbars.

JayDie

Damon,

Using CSS, add
    width: npx; height: npx; overflow: auto; to your DIV. Where n is equivalent to any integer, and does not have to be the same in both instances. When the DIV exceeds the specified width and/or height, scrollbars will appear, rather than expanding.

You cannot use a DIV in the place of an IFrame or frame, because it is not its own document, it is just a display technique.

Hope this helps,

[J]ona

You helped me.

I was going to redo the pics on my site because they kept scrolling when I didn't want them to. I wanted just the text to scroll. But now I see how to use div to add the scrollbar. Thanks.

Glad you got it working.

[J]ona

Thread Information