www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: How much is ".com" addresses now a days?

How much is ".com" addresses now a days?

And will I get more hits?

-Dan

Depends who you buy it from I suppose. The average price seems to be around $6.00 and upwards. As for your other question though, that really kind of depends. In a sense it might because most Web newbies assume most (or even all) domains are .com and could perhaps be more easily accessed by them. However, in terms of search engine rankings it wouldn't matter what you go with. What it really depends on is the quality of your content and your markup (i.e., semantics) and other such things as who is linking to your pages.
    Last edited by fredmv; 04-06-2004 at 09:01 PM.

While your at work...I'm in bed with your gf!
    I got my domain name for $15.00 a year...through www.directnic.com but their features are a little limited I believe...like the php support and such...I don't think they offer that on their hosting... but I could be wrong..last I knew they were talking about making some changes..But Im sure there is more out there for a cheaper price...

Twisted
    Please Visit My Blog!

Re: How much is ".com" addresses now a days?

Originally posted by ItsOrreeeco
    Domain names are very cheap. I hear you really get your money's worth here.
    And will I get more hits?
    Depends wether it is a domain name that is short and people will find intriguing(spelt wrong, I'm sure). Something like www.hello.com is much more likely to get hits than a domain such as www.thisismypersonalhomepagecomecheckitout.com

-Dan
    Hey, man, that's MY style
    -Dan
    Windows XP SP2 - theme: Thallos
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ | ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe | 2 * 1024 PC2-6400 Mushkin DDR2-800 | eVGA GeForce 6800XT 256MB | Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Music
    5 * 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA-II 3Gb/s in RAID 5 | Lite-On 16x DVD-RW | Mitsumi 7-in-1 Floppy drive and card reader
    Samsung SyncMaster 204B 20" TFT LCD | Logitech G15 Keyboard | Logitech G7 Mouse | Seasonic PC160SK Headset

USD$35/year if you're in Australia !

If you're out in Australia (like I am) .com costs USD$35/year and .com.au costs USD$80/year [http://www.melbourneit.com.au/pricing.php].

I think I might move to the USA !!

Dan
    " The best way to escape your problem is to solve it ! " (Anonymous)

.com would proberly get more visitors, but it depends purely on who will be visiting it and how, for example if I was to flash a link up on every post people would proberly use the link more than the url so it wouldn't matter. using .com is great for noobs using a computer since windows has a ctr + enter trick which turns: "hello" into "http://www.hello.com" instantly, while I aslo know a rather slow person(not because he cannot use a computer, he generaly is very slow, he seeks all kind of special needs to read and everything) who types .com at the end of everything on IE, even folder names and file names.

i use omnis its about $8 USD and reliable and easy to use, so no complaints.
    as far as .com over the rest? from what i understand its best to always get a .com,
    an example of why a .com is better:
    if your site is something.net and your competor is something.com, you dont want potental customers to end up at your competator by mistake.
    Please review my website

No doubt, .com is the first choice. Paid $8.95 recently for a .com domain at godaddy.

Domain Registration

I spend about half of my time at work researching domain registration and DNS hosting. We have about 400 domains that I manage and we've tried out quite a few different registration services.

The one we have settled on (for the moment) is registerfly.com, they offer very competitive rates and are just as good as the rest.

Also, for anyone who is trying to find that perfect domain name, check out www.mydomainfriend.com - it's a great free tool for combining keywords and domain searching.

Thread Information